Help with a USB device and Blaze DTV app

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
Hi all,
Please excuse my extreme lack of knowledge in this area; I'm really new to all this...

Basically my house has an old black Sky dish on the back. I bought a DVB-S USB receiver box from a place in China with Blaze DTV software.

Thing is, I really don't know what to do to get any channels or even if I can get channels at all? I know my dish works as I connected an old Sky digibox up and got all the free channels fine.

The software has a huge list of satellites then numerous other settings that baffle me. Whichever satellite I seem to choose I get a high signal strength but low quality...

Please can someone help me? Really sorry to sound like a complete muppet here...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum martyp78

That is quite intruiging, are you sure it is DVB-S, the reason I ask is because I have a DVB-T USB from China which has Blaze DTV software as well in actual fact it is Blaze HDTV software and it is for terrestrial freeview. It cost a tenner and replaced my Freecom unit. So presumably you got this from Ebay or Amazon
Do you have an item number for us to check the specs?

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
Thanks Topper, here is a link to the device:
_http://www.uxcell.com/dvb-digital-satellite-tuner-for-p-7449.html

I bought this one originally:
_http://www.uxcell.com/dvbs-digital-satellite-tuner-for-laptop-p-11615.html
but the first one received and the replacement weren't recognised by any PCs so they sent me the one I have now which works ok...

In the software it first of all asks if I want to scan for channels (I have a USB DVB-T stick as well which works well)
The next box asks which satellite to connect to and gives a long list.
Once you've selected the satellite, the next option gives the satellite name at the top then a drop down list for 'Transponders'.
I also have settings for the LNB, including a switch and LOF frequencies...

Soooo many settings to play with, I'm really confused...

Attachments

• satellite 1.GIF
    satellite 1.GIF
    57.5 KB · Views: 132
  • satellite 2.GIF
    satellite 2.GIF
    12.5 KB · Views: 145

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well OK it would appear to be similar software to the Card tuners that many people use which makes sense as only the interface would have needed modifying. Unfortunately I do not have experience of these cards but many people do. As you have a fixed dish you can disregard all the motor settings.
As you are on 28.2E which in essence is co-located with 28.5E the channels and frequencies for your info are at the end of that link, I would set the options in pic 2 to get the full frequency range using the universal setting then go to pic one and do a full scan. That should bring in all the FTA channels. I am a bit concerned at the low quality reading but see what happens when you do what I would, not having had any experience of this type of tuner.

BTW I deactivated your links as they are not allowed on the forum always precede a link with the _http which stops it becoming a live link

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
Thanks for the help Topper. Sorry, should have thought about the links.
I'm really not sure how to make it universal, is that for the transponder or the LNB?
I've attached a couple more screenshots.
Many thanks

Attachments

• satellite 3.GIF
    satellite 3.GIF
    58.7 KB · Views: 101
  • satellite 4.GIF
    satellite 4.GIF
    12.2 KB · Views: 99
  • satellite 5.GIF
    satellite 5.GIF
    14.8 KB · Views: 92

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
I've tried ProgDVB as well now and still get the very low signal quality, strength is still high.

Any ideas what the problem might be? I can receive the channels fine through an old digibox?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The lnb type should be changed to universal if that is an option I believe and you should do a full scan after changing that.

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
Yeeeeeeesssss!!!!
I didn't have an option for universal but I went into the LNB setup and changed the LOF MHz frequencies and tested it and it locked :-ohmy)

I'm well chuffed...it's found 238 channels so far!!!!

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
It locked fine on the Astra satellites not Eurobird though. Using 9750 and 10600MHz for the LOF settings.
Like the Freeview USB receiver you get the EPG listing window and it shows all the locked channels with a little padlock at the corner. The FTA channels play perfectly and can be recorded/screen capture etc.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Good news, have you got all the channels you require now? for a list of freesat frequencies click here

:-handclap:-handclap Well done

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
Topper said:
Good news, have you got all the channels you require now? for a list of freesat frequencies click here

:-handclap:-handclap Well done

Thankyou :-ohmy)
I don't seem to get that many of the FTA channels. Looking at the ones you get from that list, I seem to be receiving:
Astra 2D 10729V
Astra 2D 10788V
Astra 2A 12480V

I shall keep trying and see if I can get Eurobird 1 channels or maybe the other Astra ones...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
martyp78 said:
I shall keep trying and see if I can get Eurobird 1 channels or maybe the other Astra ones...

The Eurobird channels were there but the quality is so low that the stb cannot produce a picture from the received data. It may be the dish needs some fine tuning, although you said you could get all the channels with the sky box. Were there any Eurobird received with the skybox?

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
I can't remember, I shall have to try it again and see. I think I did...not 100% though...

At the end of my 333 channels I have 2 unlisted ones:
Coi Tobacco Dal
Brit Asia TV

I also have Red TV.

I'm not sure which satellite they come from?

montehabana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Blaze
My Location
Havana
Hello Topper, can you help me, please??
I purchased a DVB-S card which comes with Blaze DTV 2.5.
The rest of similar softwares, as DVB Dream, My Theatre, etc, uses plugins that have to be changed around weekly. So, I guess Blaze should use too, because if Blaze doesnt use, everybody would use Blaze to avoid the plugins change and nobody uses My Theatre and DVB Dream, that are widely used.
Please, can you explain me if Blaze uses plugins?? how to install it, and if it doenst uses pluggins what I have to do to make Blaze work, because it scanned a lot of channels but I dont get to see at all, just a free channel.
With the Vision Plus, Twin Han, I watch a lot of channels of Echostar 8-10, and I want to see the same channels with this new card, but it just accept Blaze as software, not MyTheatre or DVBDream.
Please, help me.
Thanks very much.
Greetings

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum montehabana

As I explained in previous posts, I have no experience of Blaze software for satellite , only DVB-T terrestrial.
However it is unlikely that it utilises plugins and that explains why you can only receive a solitary FreeToAir channel. To the best of my knowledge it is not capable of any kind of decryption. Sorry I cannot help you however I would be surprised if any DVB-S card would be restricted to just one piece of sotware.

thickknit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Static Sky Dish and chinese DVB S USB box, operating through XP Laptop and Vista PC
My Location
Milton Keynes
Hi Everyone,

I have , what sounds like the same system as Martyp78, and I have set the same, or near enough the same settings, I have got all of the relevant Mz groups showing for Freesat, and in total allegedly over 400 channels. Bu t not any of the Freesat channels.

Signal strength is consistently over 60%

please can someone suggest a way in which I might be able to get Freesat channels, am I needing a plug in ?

martyp78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
USB DVB-S, Sky dish
My Location
West Midlands
I got over 700 channels on the Astra 2 satellites the other day which included all the Freesat channels as well as encrypted ones.
I wasn't aware of anything in the software that would prevent you receiving the channels if it's all set up correctly for the LNB etc with the settings in the previous posts on this thread.

thickknit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Static Sky Dish and chinese DVB S USB box, operating through XP Laptop and Vista PC
My Location
Milton Keynes
Hi Martyp,

thanks for your comments, since posting I have reset the TP type to 22Mz, although using only one LNB this has allowed me to find more channels including the BBC selection. I still can't find any ITV channels, and although found, the 'Five' selection channels are all marked with an asterix and won't play.
It appears that I can pick up Eurobird 1 stations OK.
Which version of Blaze DTV are you running?