Help with assembling the big dish

avilys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TU-DSB31/Sky, SilverCrest SL 65/FTA, FTE 1.1m
My Location
Slovenia
I am in a process of buying a bigger dish (Prodelin 3.0m), hoping to receive the Astra 2D signal. I would really appreciate any advice about how to correctly/precisely assemble the 8 petals to get the most out of the antenna.

How should I check the final work before fitting it on the mast pipe?

Is the dual-polarity feed provided with the antenna (see below) good enough or should I find a better one?

Thanks!

Prodelin 3.0m Specifications: _http://www.tripointglobal.com/Antennas/Data_Sheets/3-34-37ro.pdf
Prodelin 3.0m Manual: _http://www.tripointglobal.com/Prodelin/Technical_Docs/manuals/4096-538.pdf

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
The instructions provided with Prodelin dishes are clear and easy to follow. The dishes themselves are very well made, so it shouldn't be too dificult. You'll need someone to help you.
Prodelin assume that single polarity LNB's are going to be used on their dishes. In Europe, very few people do this. If you follow the instructions you'll have to buy two very expensive single polarity LNB's from Swedish Microwave.
To fit a standard C120 LNB, you'll have to discard most of the fittings apart from the feedhorn, which should be a perfect match for the dish. Particularly, do not use the square adaptor between the feed and LNB. The feed should have a circular internal bore, if it doesn't buy an Invacom ADF 120 feedhorn.
You should buy an Invacom C120 quad LNB, QDF-031: this LNB and no other. Four of the eight screw holes should line up with the feedhorn.
You should check petal alignment with fishing line attached to the edges of the dish. Attach 3-4 and check that they exactly touch in the middle with no deviation.
Good luck. Line up a stiff drink for when you've finished.
Don't expect too much from your Panasonic DSB 31. This is one of the least sensitive Sky boxes ever made.

patmos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG SRT-4910+,SunRay4HDse,TBS5922, 2.4M P.F Apstar7(76.5 DEGE), 120cm dish PAS 10 Ku( 68.5 DEGE),3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11DEGW) to AM33(96.5 DEGE),150 cm dish W3C(16 DeG E)+ side LNB Ew2A(10 DEGE),90cm W4/W7 (36 DEGE)
My Location
Mauritius
Avilys , how much cost the dish? I just got the 3.4m (old one) for nothing. I am in the process of asembling it. I've got no feed with it. so I intend to buy a cheap KU LNBf with adapter to replace the feed. What I understand is that the feed has to match the F/D of the dish. In your case (and in my case/fringe area)a good noise figure lnb is needed. Not necesarily what is more expensive that performs better. I found that the Invacom 0.3 KU single does not perform better than my cheap Eurostar 0.5. Always try . If you can borrow from friends see if it works for your situation.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
Patmos,
A LNBF will never work properly with a prime focus dish. You will need to adapt it by cutting off the front, the inbuilt feed, then you need to attach it to an Invacom adjustable feedhorn. You have to reduce to F/D ratio from 0.6 typical of a LNBf to around 0.4.
Noise figures are very misleading with LNBs. Many LNBs described as 0.2dB are nothing of the kind. Performance of the Invacom LNBf models is only average, except in cross- polar isolation, where they excel. The C120 Invacom quad excels in all every aspect, and is worth the money.

avilys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic TU-DSB31/Sky, SilverCrest SL 65/FTA, FTE 1.1m
My Location
Slovenia
patmos said:
Avilys , how much cost the dish?
Apexsat from Germany is offering it for around 1600 USD in Pforzheim, Germany. You have to add transportation costs to that price. The antenna comes in 3 boxes: 100kg (224x127x51cm), 43kg (163x21x18cm) and 7kg (158x21x21cm).

patmos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG SRT-4910+,SunRay4HDse,TBS5922, 2.4M P.F Apstar7(76.5 DEGE), 120cm dish PAS 10 Ku( 68.5 DEGE),3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11DEGW) to AM33(96.5 DEGE),150 cm dish W3C(16 DeG E)+ side LNB Ew2A(10 DEGE),90cm W4/W7 (36 DEGE)
My Location
Mauritius
snap said:
Patmos,
A LNBF will never work properly with a prime focus dish. You will need to adapt it by cutting off the front, the inbuilt feed, then you need to attach it to an Invacom adjustable feedhorn. You have to reduce to F/D ratio from 0.6 typical of a LNBf to around 0.4.
Noise figures are very misleading with LNBs. Many LNBs described as 0.2dB are nothing of the kind. Performance of the Invacom LNBf models is only average, except in cross- polar isolation, where they excel. The C120 Invacom quad excels in all every aspect, and is worth the money.
Sorry Snap. I was talking of LNBF designed for lower f/d intended for prime focus only. My friend used it on a 2.4m prime dish with good result. it has an adapter and cost 20 euros here.
Thank you Avilys.This is a lot of money for me here. God bless me in having this 3.4m for free. It was used by some foreign embassy here.I wanted to put KU on it as my 1.2 m dish has ocassional signal fades with its 42dB gain (offset).The 3.4 m is rated at around 50 dB. Even 2 or 3 dB would be a great thing for me.
Thank you again Snap for your explanation on the C120. you used it so you know it. I always learn from those who try it before me.
off topic , I used a Engel 0.2 dB lnbf (ku offset)which by far is better than all i've tested for fringe area.

Attachments

• CIMG4784.JPG
    CIMG4784.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 76
  • CIMG4786.JPG
    CIMG4786.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 73
  • CIMG4788.JPG
    CIMG4788.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 73

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i also,have this incacom feed horn,and i want to install it on my 2,20 m dish!
what,is the homepage of appexx sat ,i dont find it on google!

shipping is very expensice up to 200€

and more

go to _www.iloxx.de
i always ship with this company,the aswer fast,and have,the best prices !

look in other topic,calles dishes on holiday, i have posted some ,nice picutures,from prodelin mesh antennas,from thailand,when exactly prodelin,closed his facotory?
same time,then kti/orbitron ,or later?

in austria ,near german boarder,where i live, 55 cm,for bbc is enough:)
in vienna 700 km east you need,3,1 m :D

Neophasis

ASBO Club Member, AKA Likvid
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
EU
avilys said:
Apexsat from Germany is offering it for around 1600 USD in Pforzheim, Germany. You have to add transportation costs to that price. The antenna comes in 3 boxes: 100kg (224x127x51cm), 43kg (163x21x18cm) and 7kg (158x21x21cm).

You've been in contact with them?

I have contacted them regarding Channel Master dishes and they are not so good at delivering or at all, don't know how serious that company really is?

They wanted to sell me Visiosat dishes instead which i didn't want.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Apexsat:
_http://www.esa-com.com/welcomenew.asp
They are OK to deal with, a professional dealer who will sell to non- professionals.
Shipping is usually expensive.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
sounds great,maybe i can ,pik up,this localy,pforzheim,arpoximently 400 km,away from me,i did not know this dealer yet,but maybe,he sells,only to companies?

,when prodelin ,has closed his factory?

alfa12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX5400 GILBETRINI 1.65
My Location
GREECE
hello from greece, i have a friend with a 3.4 m prodelin second hand after getting that in one piece we can not get a good signal any photos from feed horn the base of the lnb or anything that i have to chck in order to get it right? thanks in advance

patmos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mauritius
Let us have some of your photos.May be someone can be of help.

alfa12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX5400 GILBETRINI 1.65
My Location
GREECE
i manage to get yesterday, evening, itv- bbc and other channels from the difficult astra2d i got the center of the feed horn out so it was closer to the center of the dish but i still need some small things anyway i will upload some photos in the following days thanks anyway
p.s patmos has your name something to do with the island of patmos? or you chose it by luck because i am from kos island almost next to patmos-have a nice day