Help with Bush SD receiver

atomheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydish to bush freesat box
My Location
United Kingdom
I have a bush bfsat01sd STB. However, at intial set up it did not do what it was supposed to and download an update. It would not even show me my signal strength, it simply went direct to the postcode entry screen. I have tried to reset the box a number of times by redoing the first time install, but it does the same thing time after time. The problem is that I don't seem to be able to get all channels, and the quality between the ones I do get flucuates wildy through the day. I cannot seem to get the box to update no matter what I do. Can anyone help, at least by letting me know how to manually update this box (I cannot even access the manual tune for FTA channels). I'm hoping an update will be enough to solve the issue. Any help will be appreciated

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have wildly fluctuating quality readings, there may be a problem with dish alignment or perhaps cable quality, can you test it with another receiver?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Maybe a line of sight issue (trees etc... ) if fluctuating readings are showing, as said above option is to try another receiver. Incidentually, those receivers don't go past the software update stage if signal strength is lower than 50% I beleive. :)

atomheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
The dish I have was set up for Sky, so I imagine the alignment should be okay (though I may check this anyway). I have used the hidden menu for adding channels to check the quality on various frequencies, and it is always between 9 and 10 for both signal strength and quality. My main gripe is that I don't know how to manually update this box. I do not have the menu option to manually scan for channels as standard (I can only access the hidden one by pressing 2846 on the settings menu). When I go to the menu to update the box, I can set it to both auto update or manual update, but nothing happens. For ref, I am on firmware 1.1.12, and on channels i can recieve, I always have over 9 for signal strength and quality. Network id is 003b. I have looked at my dish and it does not point at any obstructions, trees etc, so I really have no idea what to do about this.

Does anyone know how to force an update on this model of box?

PS. Thanks for the replies! :)

slacker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
bush sd freesat
My Location
perth
did you ever get to the bottom of the problem atomheart? i got a bush sd the other day and have the exact same issue. thanks

atomheart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Never did. I have the box set up in my bedroom and don't really watch TV that often in there, so still haven't got a solution for it.

It seems when the box is initially turned on, most channels work fine, then after a few minutes they slowly stop working, and still nothing updates.

If I turn the box on and continue to watch just one channel, the programme will play fine indefinately until I try to change channel and change back. The signal suddenly becomes lost.

Seems like an issue with the actual STB more than anything