Im in the process of getting a new systems

:o)
My Location
Hounslow, Middlesex
Hi everyone

Im looking to buy a motorised system

Ive seen this system from satellitesuperstore:

HEAVY DUTY Channel Master.
1.0m Technomate / Channel Master / Supermount system.
Technomate 1500 CI Plus Super, V Box. 1.0m Channel Master dish with 15 Kg 1224 H to H motor.
INVACOM professional 0.3dB LNB
The 1224 motor fits a 3 inch (75mm) dia. pole.
Free fitting kit with detailed instructions included with all full motorised systems.
(Also a full receiver programming option is available above)
Free fitting kit worth £40.38 with detailed instructions included with all full motorised systems.
Free fitting kit with detailed instructions included with all full motorised systems included. This dish requires a 76mm (3") dia. mount.

£489.95 + £20 Delivery

I just wanted to know is this a good price to be paying for this system or is on the expensive side?

Also it says that This dish requires a 76mm (3") dia. mount, would a 3 inch scaffolding pole be good enough for this?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
will you be fitting it yourself as if so then i'd say go for a diseqc motor system first as that will be easier to install

also have you got the line of sight in the garden as that system will need to be pole mounted in the garden

seems a good price , have you loooked at any other places for prices ?

2naughty4u

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Im in the process of getting a new systems

:o)
My Location
Hounslow, Middlesex
Hi again thanks for the reply

I will be fitting it myself, (well my dad will be) :)

We're planning to fit it on the the roof of my house because thats south facing. If I put it in the garden I dont think i'll have a clear line of sight.

Right now we're doing a loft conversion and my dad said he will put a pole with a foundation on the slop part. So I thought a 3 inch scaffolding pole would be ideal to mount the dish and motor up there.

I also read that with the diseqc motor systems they wont last that long being that high up, due to wind's etc. Thats why I thought going for the 1224 H to H motor would be better in more exposed locations.

Ive so far looked at satcure and satellitesuperstore for some systems but if anyone can recommend other suppliers then that would be much appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes a 3" pole will be ideal, scaffold poles are normally 2", but would probably suffice. :) You are right about the motor, a DiseqC motor can suffer from wear very quickly in an exposed postion and a 36v motor will be much better for the job. :)

Horatio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 1500 CI Plus Super :
CM 1 mtr Dish :
1224 HH :
Invacom 0.3 LNB
My Location
UK
I've just purchased the system you are considering from SatelliteSuperstore.

I'm only 12-15 miles from them so the choice of suppllier was easy.

Just relaxing in front of the computer having spent the day installing a north facing 3 bracket mount with 3 inch mast - I'm feeling my age.

I think either an apprentice put this wall up or the bricklayer was drunk.
Either way getting the mast plumb was tricky and tiring.

I'll let you - and I dare say others - know how I get on, especially if I hit snags.

If all goes well hope to have it up and running over this holiday weekend.

The best laid plans of mice and men...........

Its certainly a very substantial setup and is my first attempt so fingers crossed.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you taking pictures along the way Horatio? Got to have them for the Pictures of Members' Setups section. :)

Horatio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 1500 CI Plus Super :
CM 1 mtr Dish :
1224 HH :
Invacom 0.3 LNB
My Location
UK
Never thought about photos.

I'll have a go

Thanks Rolfw