Help with CAM

oshikawa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zehnder DX 3000 CI
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! Sorry if I sound completely dumb but I am new in this! I have a very good knowledge of computing but none when it comes to cam...I have recently bought a satellite receiver Zehnder DX 3000 CI and I want to buy a Matrix CAM and program it with my laptop through PCMCIA.

Could anyone tell me with in detail and with simple words what do I need to program it (software + hardware)...

I promise that once I get the hold of this I could become a valuable members for the forum with my computing skills!

Thank you!

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
You need the driver mr_by_pcmcia and the Ucas loader version 1.3 and that is basically everything. In the zip file of the driver there is a manual on how to proceed. But it depends a bit on your laptop if it will work or not since some controllers in the laptop have a problem with cams. The older ones work better since they have the 16 bit PCMCIA bus. On some laptops you can switch from 32 bit to 16 bit.

Since you want to by a matrix cam I would buy the latest one the Reborn CAM. It also works fine with the laptop.

Claasi

oshikawa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zehnder DX 3000 CI
My Location
United Kingdom
Thank you very much mate this is very helpful for me!