Help with dish purchase

Johnny72

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technisat 45 cm + sky hd receiver
My Location
Brussels, Belgium
Hello,
I live in Brussels Belgium, and I need to buy a satellite dish to ensure reception of SKY HD on Hotbird.

I cannot install a normal dish as it is not allowed

I used to have, 8 years ago, a particularly shaped dish (I attach a photo) , which ensured good reception but at the time I did not have sky HD.
My first question is:
- does anybody knows brand and model of this dish at the easiest solution would be to buy the same again.
It is smaller to comparable dishes and ensures good reception and looks less like a sat dish. I had it installed on a stand on the balcony.

Another option could be to buy a "flat" dish such as the selfsat H21 d4. But I am not sure it will ensure good reception. Also I have only one cable getting into the apartment and this dish has no SCR option.

any advise?

Many thanks for your help and I hope I have posted in the right section.

Johnny

Attachments

• sat2.jpg
    sat2.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 20

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Sky Italy, I assume? A Squish or Selfsat flat dishes will do what you want. They work well enough in strong signal areas.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
It doesn't, just a normal LNB on there. What do you need it for?

Johnny72

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technisat 45 cm + sky hd receiver
My Location
Brussels, Belgium
It doesn't, just a normal LNB on there. What do you need it for?
The my sky hd receiver needs two cables to be able to record and I have only one cable going from terrace to the room

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Selfsat dishes can be supplied with a twin LNB. Amazon.fr stock them...

A

archive10

I used to have, 8 years ago, a particularly shaped dish (I attach a photo) , which ensured good reception but at the time I did not have sky HD.
My first question is:
- does anybody knows brand and model of this dish at the easiest solution would be to buy the same again.
It is smaller to comparable dishes and ensures good reception and looks less like a sat dish. I had it installed on a stand on the balcony.
That looks like a Cahors (earlier known as Visiosat) Bisat. It's a multifocus dish, with support for multiple LNBs.
And it's relatively large.
But is still looks like a dish - it's just elongated.

Not really a small dish.
But I don't think you need a large dish like that (unless you want to point *through* the railing as in your picture).
In Brussels, I think you can do 13E (aka Hotbird) on a really small dish - square dish or not.
And HD is same same as SD - same signal, just different formats.

Gibertiny does a 40 cm one. You can paint it black, or any colour you like to make it hide against a wall or something (car spray-paint from DIY autoparts shop will do). It's really tiny - and if you paint it, say, dark grey or brown, it's less noticeable.
You can even get camouflage covers that look like, well, plants, rocks, nothing at all like dishes - and they're all just plastic and will hide your dish while taking (almost) none of the signal.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Any twin LNB dish and a stacker-destacker will do the job.