Help with Echostar and 46Se cam

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
I have changed a very troublesome Echostar3000 Ip for the Echostar3000via. My faith is restored....an excellent receiver at last. Now I have an Aston1.03 cam and between that and the built in viaccess have quite a few programmes to keep me and my old dear happy.
Here now is my enquiry, I also have an Irdeto 46Se cam ver 2.06 (ci)
I know that I am able to get Premiere etc with it, but what other uses will it have. I have read of upgrading and flashing but my tired old eyes and dismal memory are letting me down. I badly need a little help if anyone has the time. Thank you.
Allan

G

Gerry55

Hi allan 238
You could use your Ideto allcam to receive Cinedom film channels in English
on Astra 12.070H, 11.720H,11.758H,including Blue Movie 1-3

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
You can flash it (i.e. reprogram it by replacing the firmware(=software) in it by a "hobby" version) it to make it capable of more.

For example by flashing it with FreeCAM firmware you can make it capable of receiving Irdeto/Betacrypt transmissions without any card.
Or you can load it with a particular version of that firmware called FreeCAM2 v0.15 or 0.16 or 0.17 and threby make it capaable of receiving not just Irdeto/Betacrypt but also Mediaguard("seca"), Viaccess and even Nagravision - when used with a suitable programmed funcard.
Full details on flashing are found in many earlier posts on this board.

2old
PS is that avatar you, before you gave up smoking? :)

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
How did you know? Yep, I gave up smoking on June 28th 1999 after over fifty years of the weed.
Thanks for the help 2old, as always you are much appreciated.