Help with embedded dragon

brewby

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I need to update an embedded dragon cam, I have an Interstar 8005 DSR 2 CI premium, patched with embedded Dragon cam (I think, from my research) My manual does not cover updates to cam, only firmware. I enter k*ys with my remote at the moment but will use my PC when I know of a suitable k*y editor which works with the Interstar. My software status is dated 26.11.04. I have'nt had it long but eventually I will need to do some updating to the cam but I don't want to muck it up for the sake of it. Also is there a quicker way for updating the k*eys.
Thanks in advance O-Ha

samymy

Reaction score
I don't think that your receiver has an embedded Dragon cam only the BIGSAT8500 has one( the same family than Golden interstar). For the embedded Dragon cam simply you need a CARD DRAGON LAODER and PHOENIX 6.00Mhz .You load 2files in the card after that you put it in the embedded cam and you wait the miracle !

brewby

Reaction score
I agree the Interstar 8005 is from the same manufacturer as Bigsat8005. (Golden Interstar) in Germany, It has most definatley got an embedded multi cam as I can decrypt numerous encrypted channels and I have an extensive cam and K*y menu in the OS. At the moment I am putting k*ys in with my remote. Is there any way of finding out which cam is embedded? Nothing on the golden website. I would hate to update it with the wrong software!!!!LOL I would miss it so much.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
brewby said:
I agree the Interstar 8005 is from the same manufacturer as Bigsat8005. (Golden Interstar) in Germany, It has most definatley got an embedded multi cam as I can decrypt numerous encrypted channels and I have an extensive cam and K*y menu in the OS. At the moment I am putting k*ys in with my remote. Is there any way of finding out which cam is embedded? Nothing on the golden website. I would hate to update it with the wrong software!!!!LOL I would miss it so much.

Think you should leave well alone then and just update via remote until you exactly know what you have got. When you go into CI menu what does it say there???.

brewby

Reaction score
I think I will John, when I go to CI menu it tells me that non are used neither am I using a card of any sort. The description of the receiver when I bought it told me I do not need cams or cards to view encrypted channels, which appears to be true enough.
I suppose as it become more widely used there will no doubt appear more software to configure the reciever.
Cheers M8

mb63

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
brewby said:
Can anyone tell me what I need to update an embedded dragon cam, I have an Interstar 8005 DSR 2 CI premium, patched with embedded Dragon cam (I think, from my research) My manual does not cover updates to cam, only firmware. I enter k*ys with my remote at the moment but will use my PC when I know of a suitable k*y editor which works with the Interstar. My software status is dated 26.11.04. I have'nt had it long but eventually I will need to do some updating to the cam but I don't want to muck it up for the sake of it. Also is there a quicker way for updating the k*eys.
Thanks in advance O-Ha

There is definately later firmware for your box than 26.11.04
have a look here
http://www.la-cafetera.com/golden.htm

and here
http://www.golden-interstar.com/index.php?lang=de&content=support&marke=&kat=8

You CAN update the internal dragon with a dragon loader card (or funcard 7) with the correctly programmed s/w, to clear Taq + sly

mb63

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this link should take you to the register page

http://www.satexperts.net/forum/register.php?do=signup

Tick the box to agree to the rules and press the button
then you will go to the next page

first box = your username
second boxes = password once in each box
third boxes valid e mail in each box
enter the validation code in the next box (case sensitive)

click the left hand button at the bottom of the page
you will get a conformation e mail....click on the first link in that mail to activate your account :ny

brewby

Reaction score
Thanks MB63, good info, I have just got myself an infinity/phoenix progger, funcard 7 is next. Am a member at sat experts (know I know why I registered, must be fate).