help with finding the perfect positionning

goldfish2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xsat dtva with an official canal sat card and monoblock.
80 cm dish
My Location
London
Hello

I have a monoblock and 3 receivers. I had a receiver for tps and one for digital plus, had no problems getting all the channels but I haven’t used digital plus lately.
TPS has now ceased, so I am now only using one receiver, I bought a DTVS/xsat receiver, very small, to receive canal sat.
The problem is that I did not manage to get all the transponder even manually, like france 2 france 3 or Disney channel and more. (191934/12012)
I have 98% reception but for the DB? I have 4.6 for Astra and 6 hot hotbird. How can I increase these figures? Having 98% I thought that was perfect already. Do I need to move the dish? The lnb a tiny bit?
I would appreciate your help on this.

i have connected my old humax and without any problems i could download these channels, so why the other receiver doesn't pick up the transponders?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I've read your post a couple of times and can't really work out exactly what you have connected and what your problem is.

With a monobloc LNB, you have two LNBs in one and they need to be addresses using DiseqC codes, so you need to set up the receiver with the correct number/letter for each satellite.

goldfish2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
the installation is on screen and quite automatic, i selected tone burst monobloc double head, i get channels on hotbirs and astra but not all of them. When connecting back my old humax i jad no problems picking up these channels. so i reallt don't know what to do.

this is what i bought http://www.tvcorner.com/product_info.php/products_id/164

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't use tone burst, use DiseqC, it may be that Toneburst is cancelling out the 22Khz tone switch for band switching.

goldfish2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
I have tried that but no, i can get 12090v, 12207v, 12640v but i can't get 12522v, 12402v, 12285v, 12012v, 11934v, 11856, 11597v.
It says dignal 98% but db is below 5 for the channels i can get on astra (4.8),
Could it be the cable? the end bit is (where you connect to the machine) couold be better, and the humax tolerates it better than the new machine?

now i have no signal on all the channels so i am really wondering if its the end cable.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Some companies wiil sell you a longish length of cable and even put the connectors on for you.

goldfish2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
I did a full reset of the machine and it did pick up most of the transponders except a couple, After searching on th einternet it seems that most users of this receiver are having the same problems i have encountered so may be it's not such a good receiver as they claim.