Help with freesat

fronzoni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat
My Location
Manchester
Hi all I have a tv with no free view built in. I have an open box which I use now as a freesat box but the scrambled channels I want to remove. If I purchased a new freesat box would they not come through. Thank you in advance. I apologise beforehand but I'm not very techno savvy, I cant also get my head around the Ariel requirements.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Welcome to the Forum.

Well, you should simply be able to remove the Scrambled Channels using the Openbox's Channel Editor.

Just press the Menu button and scroll right or left until you reach the Edit Channel page, then go to Channel Edit, tick all the scrambled channels, scroll right then down to the X then exit, remembering to save.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Using the Channel Editor, you can also re-order the remaining Channels however you wish.

If, however, you prefer a Freesat box, these will only show Channels belonging to the Freesat Platform and they will have fixed EPG numbering. And you get a full seven day Schedule, unlike the Openbox which only has Now and Next.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi all I have a tv with no free view built in. I have an open box which I use now as a freesat box but the scrambled channels I want to remove. If I purchased a new freesat box would they not come through. Thank you in advance. I apologise beforehand but I'm not very techno savvy, I cant also get my head around the Ariel requirements.

Remember that not all free channels have an epg entry on the Freesat system - the ones you would get are:

Channels – Join Freesat

fronzoni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat
My Location
Manchester
Using the Channel Editor, you can also re-order the remaining Channels however you wish.

If, however, you prefer a Freesat box, these will only show Channels belonging to the Freesat Platform and they will have fixed EPG numbering. And you get a full seven day Schedule, unlike the Openbox which only has Now and Next.
Thank You for your reply Lazarus. I am going to go for the Freesat Box I like the idea for the seven day schedule. Would I just swap the cables from the open box to the freesat box. Any make or models any better than others. Not sure if me asking this would be okay on the forum. Sorry in advance if not.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, just swap cables from Openbox to Freesat box.

There aren't many Freesat box types these days. Some are just receivers, but others include a PVR and "Freetime"