Help with friends dreambox - Faulty>?

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
gameboy said:
Newcamd will give you everything that the other CAMs can open, at the moment, so unless you want to experiment or fill up your /var directory it should be all you need.

Ok thanks then I won't add another. I am having trouble finding an up to date satellites.xml file. And also I can't even find the one on the box to look at. Should it be in /var/tuxbox/config/satellites.xml ??

Wondering if it would be quicker to do a total rescan?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
martinw01908 said:
I am having trouble finding an up to date satellites.xml file. Wondering if it would be quicker to do a total rescan?

Not sure what the Gemini image has in it's update menu. But some images have a download latest .xml file. Or the option to update

Have you tried playing around with the colour buttons?

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East Midlands
gameboy said:
Not sure what the Gemini image has in it's update menu. But some images have a download latest .xml file. Or the option to update

Have you tried playing around with the colour buttons?

I have, and I just lugged my router downstairs and connected it up to the net. I downloaded and installed the sat.xml autoupdate plugin. Ran it and it updated from lngsat. For anybody elses interest who might also be playing with this....Make sure you choose all the sats you need in one go otherwise it will leave off the sats you don't select... ie you can't add them again by themselves in another update, you have to do it all in one go so get it right first time. Anyway excuse me if I state the obvious but it seems this does not update the channels stored, this file only updates the transponder list.

How can I load in a prescanned list of channel data? I saw the dealer do it in the shop, think he used dreambox edit. I have read the idiots guide and tried to use dreambox edit + used that german site to get user bouquet files, some of them loaded on ok, but the dreambox edit program crashed while loading them on. I tried it twice, it may be something I am doing wrong.. not a lot of time. I am trying to restore the box quickly for my mate to use tomorrow, been trying the best part of today to do it.

Have kind of given up and started rescanning a lot of sats, at least the motor is moving ok now. I would like to know how to do it though, although dreamboxes are a pain in the arse sometimes I think I will get one myself when the new ones come out.

gosh this is like an online diary!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Agreed that they are not the easiest to use, but then again, some of the other receivers are equally as bad.

Not impressed with this dealer, whereabouts are they based, might be worth our members avoiding them.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
martinw01908 said:
How can I load in a prescanned list of channel data? I saw the dealer do it in the shop, think he used dreambox edit. I have read the idiots guide and tried to use dreambox edit + used that german site to get user bouquet files, some of them loaded on ok, but the dreambox edit program crashed while loading them on. I tried it twice, it may be something I am doing wrong.. not a lot of time. I am trying to restore the box quickly for my mate to use tomorrow, been trying the best part of today to do it.

Funny, I never had the dreamboxedit turn funny on me...anybody with a 7000 experienced problems like these??

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East Midlands
The problem with dreambox edit was me. I was not waiting long enough for the 'reload settings on dreambox' to complete, it really takes 2-3 mins.

rolfw said:
Not impressed with this dealer, whereabouts are they based, might be worth our members avoiding them.

If I say North Warwickshire, is that specific enough?