Help with Galaxis IQg Matrix S

mattbray

Reaction score
Hi all. I am new here so please don't laugh at me!!

I am currently living and working in Czech Republic. In 2 weeks time I am moving back to UK with my Czech girlfriend.

She really wants to be able to receive Czech TV in England so I did some research and discovered that there are various Czech channels broadcasting at 28.2 east (same as Sky Digital). I was told that I would need a receiver with a cryptoworks cam and czechlink card to receive these channels.

Yesterday I bought a Galaxis ICg Matrix S receiver off Ebay. This is good as it has embedded cryptoworks already. Am I right in assuming that if I buy a czechlink card before I return, I can just plug my existing Sky Digital arial into this galaxis receiver and I should get the programmes I require?

I then want to be able to use both my Sky digital receiver and Galaxis receiver off the same arial. Is there a way of inserting a splitter devce from the arial cable to link to both machines? I don't need to watch both systems at the same time.

I would also be very grateful if anyone knows where I can find a manual for the galaxis ICg Matrix S as it does not have one with the system.

I am sorry to ask so many questions.

Regards,

Matt Bray

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Matt

The 'footprint' [broadcast area] for these programmes is a bit different from that of the UK broadcasts, so you might need a larger dish.

If you can give a rough idea of your proposed location in UK, someone might be able to give more accurate advice.

As for sharing, does the Cryptoworks set have a 'loop through' for the signal.

Regards

W. Hole

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum.

Have had a look at the footprint of the Eurobird satellite which carries the Czech channels, unfortunately the beam is centred on the Balkans and to receive the channels in the UK, you will probably need a 1m or 1.2m dish.

Tried with my 80cm, but cannot get a signal lock on those channels.

If you decide to get a big enough dish, you can always install a twin LNB, then you can run both boxes off the same dish. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry WH, started typing a reply then went off searching for the channels, didn't mean to duplicate your post. :)

mattbray

Reaction score
Thanks RolfW / W Hole
Firstly, I live in Wiltshire. I used to be able to pick up CT1,CT2 and Stanice O on my Sky Digibox using the standard minidish (CT1 and CT2 broadcast news un encrypted).

Would I not be able to pick these up on my Galaxis box without a larger dish!!

I really don't have room for a larger dish than 80cm.

Secondly, can you please explain what Loop Through means. Sorry if I am being thick.

Regards,

Matt Bray

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Your Galaxis probably has an LNB in and out, you connect the digibox from the output, but it does mean that you can only use one receiver at a time.

You may be able to pull it in with an 80cm really well tuned, but my reception is under threshold for the receiver. I believe that these channels were originally on the wider beam.