help with getting a monoblock working with technomate

subhi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish this big |<---->| pointing at a satellite connected to receiver. (not to scale and cannot guarentee accuracy)
My Location
Scotland
hi all,

need some pointers on how to get my monoblock working with hotbird 13E and astra 19.2E

It's a DIY job 80cm dish with inverto 0.3dB monoblock pointing at hotbird for sure (not sure if it's working with astra atm)

I have replaced the receiver I had from Lidl (Silvercrest SL65) with technomate TM-1500CI+

basically on the silvercrest could only see hotbird channels around 900 of them and couldn’t see any astra channels , with the technomate I can't figure out how to make it use both feeds under astra it can find around 700 channels, under hotbird it can find around 300, if I use autoscan it complains that channels memory is full after doing astra and half of the transponders on hotbird.

The question is , how do i configure the LNB ? DISEqC 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2, according to the specs (http://www.ftacom.com/UploadImages/is2.jpg) it uses DISEqC 1.2 but the LNB only gives signal status when i switch DISEqC 1.0 on, and even then it gives identical signal strength for hotbird and astra.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated. this is a link to the photo of the dish and alignment http://photos.subhi.com/c939330.html

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Best thing to start off with, is do a factory reset, that should solve the channel memory problems.

Then adjust the LNB skew, the Astra side needs to be lifted slightly by the look of it.

You should set Hotbird as DiseqC A or 1 and Astra as DiseqC B or 2.

B

beintot

subhi said:
hi all,

need some pointers on how to get my monoblock working with hotbird 13E and astra 19.2E

It's a DIY job 80cm dish with inverto 0.3dB monoblock pointing at hotbird for sure (not sure if it's working with astra atm)

I have replaced the receiver I had from Lidl (Silvercrest SL65) with technomate TM-1500CI+

basically on the silvercrest could only see hotbird channels around 900 of them and couldn’t see any astra channels , with the technomate I can't figure out how to make it use both feeds under astra it can find around 700 channels, under hotbird it can find around 300, if I use autoscan it complains that channels memory is full after doing astra and half of the transponders on hotbird.

The question is , how do i configure the LNB ? DISEqC 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2, according to the specs (http://www.ftacom.com/UploadImages/is2.jpg) it uses DISEqC 1.2 but the LNB only gives signal status when i switch DISEqC 1.0 on, and even then it gives identical signal strength for hotbird and astra.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated. this is a link to the photo of the dish and alignment http://photos.subhi.com/c939330.html

hi,i also have the same technomate box and live in scotland,no doubt the box is saving tv as well as radio stations which is why it says channel memory full,you can delete all the radio channels in one of the technomate menus by pressing 0000 when it asks for a password.
could be wrong but i reckon you should have a lot more hotbird channels than you have there,especially if the dish is set for hotbird like mine,i normally have 1000,some will be doubles though and i have the same number of channels as yourself on astra using a basic monoblock.
I plugged in another technomate 1500 box today,just to test it out,and it worked straight away,got every channel i normally get on my own box and i didn't adjust any diseqc settings such as 1.0,1.2 etc.. to get it working.just set it up very basically.

subhi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish this big |<---->| pointing at a satellite connected to receiver. (not to scale and cannot guarentee accuracy)
My Location
Scotland
rolfw said:
Best thing to start off with, is do a factory reset, that should solve the channel memory problems.

Then adjust the LNB skew, the Astra side needs to be lifted slightly by the look of it.

You should set Hotbird as DiseqC A or 1 and Astra as DiseqC B or 2.

You're right, factory reset did solve the problem, I think it was a hopeful attempt in assuming that the signal I was getting from Hotbird also ments the LNB was receiving astra, this is not the case.

so are you saying I should move the 'knob' of the left on the LNB upwards to receive astra ? will that affect hotbird too ?

J

Jeff_19341

Hi subhi
Following pics show how your set up should be, clamped LNB is focused on 13*east.

mbrandish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ hd, Packard Bell desktop,toshiba laptop and built in freeview on tv and old nockia stb.
My Location
gtr manchester
hi how to set up 4 lnbs on 13 16 19.2 east and 1w on a fixed 80cm or 1m dish the reason is a retailer said you cant put lnbs on a dish less than 6 degrees apart but i noticed a member had a set up with 13 16 19 east on a 80cm dish. also can you use a diseqc switch for more than 4lnbs.

many thanks
malcolm.