Help With Humax 5400z

ANTO0709

Reaction score
Please Help Got A 5400z Humax And I Am Completly Lost And Frustrated . Got A 88cm Triax Dish Moteck 1.2 Diseqc Motor 0.3 Fortec Lnb.everything Is Perfectly Alligned But I Can Only Get Hotbird Tuned In To The Reciver I Can Pick Up The Other Sats Perfect But Their Is No Pic Quality So The Channels Will Not Tune In Put A Tecno On And It Pics Everything Up Perfect What Am I Doing Wrong Have I Got To Download New Software Or What .how Do I Find Out What The Software In It Is(if Its Up To Date) It Only 2 Months Old And What Cables Do I Need And What Do I Need On My Pc Can I Do It With The Dragon Cam. Please Help Head As Gone

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, so your other receiver will move the dish and scan the channels on the satellites, but the Humax finds nothing except on Hotbird. Does the Humax find all of the channels, or just some of them on Hotbird, if it is only some, which frequencies are they?

You can download the latest PET settings from the stickie at the top of this section, this would at least ensure that you have the correct transponder information installed.

ANTO0709

Reaction score
I Can Get About 1400ish Channels On Hotbird All The CHANNELS Apparently SIG STRENGTH IS 94% AND PIC STRENGTH IS 90& ON HOTBIRD I Can Get The Signels For The Other SATS But No Pic Quality. What Do I Need To Down Load These Files To My Reciver Can I Use The Dragon Cam

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, you need a Null Modem cable I believe.

Will it not allow you to do a channels scan on the satellites? Another point is to check the default transponder for the other satellites and make sure that it is valid, could it possibly be the case that you are not pointing at the satellites you think you are?

ANTO0709

Reaction score
Can I Reset The Humax Back To The Factory Settings Somehow And Start Again By The Way Thanks For Your Help Up To Now

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There is normally a factory reset in one of the menus, but as I have never used one, I'm not sure where it would be.

A good tip is to use the Technomate to set the dish at 1W, set the Humax to non-motorised and then connect to the motor and see if you can scan successfully on 1W.

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi ant00709,
for your first question well one of them anyway, go to menu, installation,status, stb status, and you need to make a note of everything down and including to sys id, this will tell you of the stb firmware.
next
press ok
yellow
yellow so that you are in the left side, and (if you only get a small page exit out, then go menu, select service, and choose advanced) scroll up or down and see what sats are there, if you only have hotbird then you need to load a new settings file, as rolfw has said, you will need a null modem lead, get a store bought one, as if you can be patched then it has come to my attention that its best to have a full nullmodem for the bin.
in the settings zip there is a guide called how to for humbox, and you will need to find the program humbox4.1 this you can find using google
hope this gives you something to work with
phil

oh and to your other question, no there is no proper reset to default with the humax 5400, i do have a guide to do this but its a last resort as most problems are sorted out before needing to do this
phil