help with irish channels

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
Amstrad dx90 sky+ h.d box
My Location
stockholm
help if you can please is there anyway via the extra channels or something to add rte etc from ireland . i have an english card and with the frequency (10744 h 22 5/6 ) i have tried to manually tune via the extra channels menu but it just says the programme is not allowed please help if you can
t.m

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
you cannot receive the Irish channels with an english card (and vice-versa). You need an Irish card. I may have read somewhere that a Northern Ireland card shows both the english & irish channels, so in your case this would be the best choice. Alternatively, try to find an Irish FTV card ("yellow house") which will give you access to the Irisch channels. You must then put both cards in your receiver.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
JTA said:
you cannot receive the Irish channels with an english card (and vice-versa). You need an Irish card. I may have read somewhere that a Northern Ireland card shows both the english & irish channels, so in your case this would be the best choice. Alternatively, try to find an Irish FTV card ("yellow house") which will give you access to the Irisch channels. You must then put both cards in your receiver.

There is no FTV card for the Irish Chs, You have to take out a subscription before you will be able to view these chs.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
john_graydon said:
There is no FTV card for the Irish Chs, You have to take out a subscription before you will be able to view these chs.
and what about an old Irish subscription card, which isn't valid any more. Wouldn't this open the Irish FTV channels, as the english cards do ?

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
No there is no FTV card for the RTE output.

Either:

a. Physically swap you whole box with someone on a simillar subscription in Ireland. - Might be of interest to someone in Ireland who wants ITV/CH4/CH5 for Sport etc]

or

b. Set up an Irish Bank Account and use an Irish address to subscribe.

I don't suppose either of these options is 'legal', so of course wouldn't reccomend them.

Regards

W.H.

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
forget opening a bank account it would like getingto get gw bush,s personal chef your veted for ages and youwont get oone without an irish driver lisence or passport our justice minster is called hitler so get the picture.So the only option is to get a irsh friend to subscribe to sky's famaily package and quite frankly I dont think it,s worth the effort.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Or pay by credit card, given the amount of people in Europe paying with non UK Visa cards I doubt they would check or care if it wasn't an Irish one.