help with monoblock fitting

neill

Reaction score
o.k, i have a 60cm dish which is set to hotbird 13" for art footy( i know an 80cm dish is recommended but this is what the guy who did it fitted & quality has always been good anyway) now art has gone i want to get digitalb on eutelsat w2 16" for their footy coverage. now i have bought a universal single monoblock lnb with 3 degree angle 0.2db. now on the monoblock one side had a 1 marked on it ( i took this as a hint that this would be the side to sit in my lnb clamp ( i.e my working hotbird prominent position )).now my technomate has a diseq on it so when all was attached together i expected the diseq setting to be 1 for my hotbird signal ( not so it works on 2 on diseq ) and i receive absolute zip for my eutesat w2 signal. now i know i will probably need an 80cm dish but should i get some kind of signal at least for eutelsat w2 ? i have twisted the lnb a few times with no success , as i said my hotbird signal is as good as ever 75%, any suggestions,thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have not seen a 3 degree monobloc, have you got a link to the spec?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry seen one now, missed their arrival. :)

So you have the Hotbird side in the clamp and it is fine, 60 cm is certainly too small for DigitalB in the UK (I'm making the assumption, as you have nothing in your profile), you may find that the monobloc is set up for an 80cm dish and the angle will be slightly off for a 60cm.

neill

Reaction score
i live on merseyside and continuing on from my monoblock question during a break in our wonderful weather i tried the lnb clamp on the other leg of my monoblock ( the one that doesnt have a "1" scribed on it,( its an inverto pro universal single monoblock with 3 degree angle )).on checking my technomate i now had hotbird 13" and also have an astra 19.2" singal(75% quality) !!! all this on a 60cm dish. my question now is how does a 3 degree monoblock pick up a signal 6 degrees away ?? and would now rotating my monoblock slightly help me maybe pick up eutelsat 16" ? before anyone asks the monoblock came boxed with all the right details for what i required as i detailed above. any info to help would be much appreciated , thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
So which side of the monobloc is in the clamp as you look from behind the LNB towards the dish?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like it could be a 6 degree monobloc, either that or they don't work properly on a 60cm dish, I have heard of people having issues with monobloc LNBs on 1m dishes, so perhaps it is similar on 60cm dishes.

neill

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, crossed my mind it was a 6 degree (but in a proper inverto box with all the correct details on it? did buy from ebay though). i have a 80cm dish on order now ,will try & fit b4 my holidays weather permitting and try again, keep you updated in case i need further advice ,thanks

neill

Reaction score
fitted a new 80cm dish on saturday, after a few hours i now have a hotbird signal about 75% and i am picking up a 40% signal on eutelsat 16" , the problem i now have is i cannot seem to improve the eutelsat signal at all tried rotating the lnb ,no joy . i would have thought once hotbird was a strong enough signal it would all fall into place but not so.by the way 75% is the very best i can get on hotbird so tuning this in better is nigh impossible.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You may have to slightly tune away from Hotbird to get the 16E, in fact it may be better to make that the main focus and see if you get better results.

neill

Reaction score
latest is i can get a 65% signal on eutelsat 16deg and 60% signal on hotbird, trouble is when i scan for eutelsat i only find about 30 channels ( i only want digitalb sports and my technomate 1500ci+ cant find this).
if i delete my hotbird channels and do a new scan it finds the lot! picture quality is good enought at 60% signal also, so why cant i find all the eutelsat channels? tried all the scan methods and no joy, just read a thread on here saying a blind search can take 6 hours! is that true ? i give up after about 10 mins .any suggestions welcome,thanks