My Satellite Setup
technomate 6900
1 metre dish
motech 2100 motor
My Location
isle of man
Hello all

i could do with a little help
i live on the isle of man and recently bought a technomate 6900 a 1m dish and a motech 2100 motor. the problem being i am not getting any satellites.i have read other posts and i seem to be doing it right but am getting no further.
i have put the dish up south facing and 100% level and plum

my position is 54 degrees north and 4.3 west

i have set the dish elevation at 36 which is 54 degrees latitude on the other side of the bracket and the dish bracket angle at 22 degees( i got this figure by taking the declination angle of 7.6 away from 30 which is in the manual)

so heres were it goes wrong

i am facing south trying to get Atlantic bird at 5 degrees west i have used dishpointer and am getting 89% signal strenght but only 2%quaity and no picture.

i have set the technomate up at 54 n and 4.3 w and just below the dish
i have a window were i have setup a portable tv up so i can move the dish up/down and side to side to no avail.i have even pluged a feed into the motor from my sky dish to make sure this works on astra 28.2 which it does the only thing i can think is its a faulty lnb but i am getting brain ache now.

Any help would be most welcome!

Cheers

Shaun

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, by the sounds of it, everything appears to be in order.
(Obviously the dish will need adjusting as you have described, swivel dish up/down, move the whole assembly around the pole)

What transponder are you using on 5W?

Maybe try flicking through some of the others, (consult lyngsat).

I would be surprised if the LNB is faulty as you are getting a signal. You could always try the minidish one on it, to make sure, or try your LNB on the minidish.

Robbo:)

bux186

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 6900
1 metre dish
motech 2100 motor
My Location
isle of man
i am using transponder 12543 27500

thanks for the quick reply

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
According to Lyngsat that transponder should be fine, perhaps someone who is at their receiver and in your region could confirm.

If you could check that the LNB works OK on the other dish, then it is probably just a matter of adjusting the dish more carefully.