Help with Motorised System urgently need by newbie

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am new to motorised systems and need help.

I have a Manhattan Starlight 6800 Receiver with disecq 1.2 and 1.3.

I have a Satellite Control Motor SM3D12 which is compatible with the above receiver.

I have to set up the system my self as I can get no one in Soth west I reland to insatll these systems.

What I am currently doing is going to 1 Degree west and getting a fantastic picture Signal at about 80% Quality 95% approx.

I have tried moving the dish and motor back 1degree which should give me True South and searching for satellites using Diseqc 1.3 and 1.2 and various other things, but seem to be getting lost here. My co ordinates are 9.7W Long and 52.3 N Lat.

Please can anyone help.

e-mail any ideas or sugesstions to jimmyireland35@hotmail.com or leave messages here please

Once up and running I hope to be a regular contributor to these forums

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
jimmyireland35 said:
I am new to motorised systems and need help.

I have a Manhattan Starlight 6800 Receiver with disecq 1.2 and 1.3.

I have a Satellite Control Motor SM3D12 which is compatible with the above receiver.

I have to set up the system my self as I can get no one in Soth west I reland to insatll these systems.

What I am currently doing is going to 1 Degree west and getting a fantastic picture Signal at about 80% Quality 95% approx.

I have tried moving the dish and motor back 1degree which should give me True South and searching for satellites using Diseqc 1.3 and 1.2 and various other things, but seem to be getting lost here. My co ordinates are 9.7W Long and 52.3 N Lat.

Please can anyone help.

e-mail any ideas or sugesstions to jimmyireland35@hotmail.com or leave messages here please

Once up and running I hope to be a regular contributor to these forums
I have followed all the instructions perfectly in regards to angles of elevation etc

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Jimmy, your due south should be 8W, try lining up on that sat and then scanning. Have you set your lattitude correctly on the motor?

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
many thanks for your prompt reply. I have set up the motor with the figures given with the manual.

Are you saying that I should be using 8 degrees W rather than 9.7 degrees west. I got this reading from the usals info co ordinates site.

Again many thanks

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When I am inserting my co ordinates in the usals for disecq 1.3 should I use 8.0 degrees west or 9.7 degrees west

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This isn't to do with what you enter into the receiver, it is to do with pointing the dish at due south, for you the easiest confirmable due south setting is achieved by tuning into 8W. There is no satellite at 9.7W so you aim at the nearest one.

Providing that you have set the correct lattitude on the motor body/mount, then by only moving the motor mount on the pole and the dish elevation, you should be able to receive a sat signal and thus achieve your base position.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rolf,
Many thanks for your help.

I now have the motor set at 0 nad am pointing at 8 degrees west, getting a signal of 80% and a quality rating of of approx 93%.

What is your next piece of advise............ should I continue and use Dis 1.2 or 1.3.

When the system asks me for co-ordinates wghat sholud I enter.

Thanks.

P.S I am at this since last Saturday and am getting very frustrated.

jimmy

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Your coordinates entered into the USALs system should be your true coordinates, if you start off with the 8W satellite and save it, then all of the others should drop into place automatically.

jimmyireland35

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ROLFW

Many thanks for your help.

I hav elocated some satellites and am downloading channels from them,

I may neeed further davise and assistance to tweek the system

Again many thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Good news Jimmy, any other help needed then just ask, you'll enjoy the hobby and half the fun is getting the kit to work :)