Help with new kit...?

baldylocks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Freesat HD
My Location
south cumbria
Hi everyone, i'm a newbie and I'm going to buy a system. I want to get the new BBC freesat in HD 1080p. I live in cumbria. Am i right in thinking any 60cm dish with any lnb will do with a Humax HD receiver/pvr will be ok? Do I have to wait for the Freesat kit or can I modify/upgrade current kit? What are your recommendations please?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, you should be fine with what you propose, but of course if you want a bespoke EPG, then you may want to wait for the Freesat HD PVRs to become available.

baldylocks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Freesat HD
My Location
south cumbria
Thanks rolfw, I think I will need a multiple lnb for freesat+pvr, any u recommend for weaker signal in Cumbria??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Get a zone 2 minidish and quad LNB, they are matched, so perform well and are very reasonable in price. :)

flashgordon1952

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky amstrad and panasonic systems 6 pack setup. two 42cm dishes.just ordered a technomate 6900HD with motorised system one metre dish. also at another address.twin feed static 80 mm dish non digital system. 6 year old dell with server memory 680 of
My Location
essex in the wilds somewhere
Like yu we are waitingfor the HD boxes infact we are waiting for the Freesat boxes with there EPG. hopefully they should be out end of april. I will getting a HD box the Humax sounds pretty good. Only problem will be the lack of hd CHANNELS.a t the moment looks like BBC ITV and CH4 this year. but i can see some of the CH4 family going HD too like 4 films. also CH5 in 2009. the big question who else ? probably Eurosport in 2009. yy wont be getting any of the sky family on HD ie sky one sky movies sky sports. but then again yu are not paying £10 a month for the priveledge or the £250 reciever cost.either