Help with Seperating Terrestrial and Sat TV

Hi,

I have recently moved house and just had Sat TV reinstalled. At my old house, I could the Sat TV channel could run independantly from the terrestrial tv channels. E.G Lets say I have Sat TV tuned to channel 6, I could use the tv remot to select channel 1 and what channel 1 without using the sat remote. That way I could watch Terrestriala and video Sat TV at the same time.

I do not know what the installation guy did today, but now the Sat TV overides everything, and I cannot get independant terrestrial tv without turning the Sat box off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Belle

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What make of TV, what satellite receiver do you have, how are they connected etc? All of this information is needed to sort out a solution to your problem. :)

Thanks for responding to my plea for help, however I managed to sort the problem out, the Scart Connection was over riding all the other channels on my TV. I changed the setting preventing in doing this, and now I have a dedicated channel for my sat connection.

Thanks again.

Belle