Help with set up

Oli1983uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky, Sky line DSR 4000
My Location
SE london
Hi,

My dad bought a Dish and reciever from B&Q's the other week. He set it up but we could not recieve any signals, I got a Sat finder from ebay and tried that and seemed to have picked up some channels but we are only getting channels from Holland and no english channels.

The dish size is 67cm and the reciever box is made by Sky line DSR 4000.

The dish is pointing in basically the same direction as my sky dish. On the bottom of the LBN there is marks 1 to 5 and you can select one by moving the cable on the LBN. We first searched with the LBN set to 1 and picked up some channels from holland I then set it to 5 and it picked up the same channels.

Having no luck picking up english channels.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You have your dish pointning at Astra 19.2 E, so you need to move it 9 degrees to the East and down a little, the dish face will be pretty much vertical when looking at Astra 28.2 for the english channels.

The markings on the LNB are for skew rotation, for Astra 28.2, it should be set at around 7 O'clock.

I am presuming that you are looking for the BBC and ITV Channels?

Oli1983uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky, Sky line DSR 4000
My Location
SE london
Great cheers, just done it and it has worked, thanks alot. Now to sort out the problem with the box.