Help with Silver Crest SL65

wexy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silver crest sl65
My Location
wexford. ireland
Just bought a Silver Crest in Lidl's.Managed to recive lots of stations on Astra 28.2E. But could not get the ones I bought the system for. That is BBC and ITV.Would anyone be able to advise me on how to get these stations.I live in the south east of Ireland (Wexford) . Over looking the sea.I just put the dish temperly on my fence post. The stations I get are very good. But can not understand why I am unable to get BBC and ITV.The Dish is 80'ThanksWexy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Presuming that you are actually pointing at Astra 28.2, you may need to add the transponders for those channels see _http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2d.html

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
wexy said:
Just bought a Silver Crest in Lidl's.Managed to recive lots of stations on Astra 28.2E. But could not get the ones I bought the system for. That is BBC and ITV.Would anyone be able to advise me on how to get these stations.I live in the south east of Ireland (Wexford) . Over looking the sea.I just put the dish temperly on my fence post. The stations I get are very good. But can not understand why I am unable to get BBC and ITV.The Dish is 80'ThanksWexy

Can you give us a list of 3 or 4 of the other channels you are getting?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Robbo71 said:
Alternatively describe to us the salient features of the scantilly clad females you are seeing and someone may be able to determine which sat you are pointing at from those descriptions in the absence of any other information from you ;)

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
how much this reveiver,in uk costs,in austria lidl has same offer for 89€ including cryptworks module!:)

this receiver is oem product ,orginalmade by Gmi!

mainboard,looks,nearly the same,like koscom,but is difrent,coz of the tuner,this the reason,why the images are not compatible,you can flash it with jtag,iterface,but after that,reveiver is gone :D

maybe i must make some experiments ,with difrent loaders ,dont know,the problems about bbc,not tested!
maybe this tuner,has problems,when freqency is to low?

wexy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silver crest sl65
My Location
wexford. ireland
Robbo71 said:

Thanks . Sorted now.Wexy

wexy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silver crest sl65
My Location
wexford. ireland
Turok said:
how much this reveiver,in uk costs,in austria lidl has same offer for 89€ including cryptworks module!:)

this receiver is oem product ,orginalmade by Gmi!

mainboard,looks,nearly the same,like koscom,but is difrent,coz of the tuner,this the reason,why the images are not compatible,you can flash it with jtag,iterface,but after that,reveiver is gone :D

maybe i must make some experiments ,with difrent loaders ,dont know,the problems about bbc,not tested!
maybe this tuner,has problems,when freqency is to low?

Everything OK now. Not a bad system. Its just a shame 4/5 are not available. But glad to get ITV/BBC.Thanks for your help.Wexy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have existing Sky digital system but i was going to buy Silvercrest SL 65 to try and find stations that broadcast italian football free
My Location
Ireland
Hi Guys

I know very little about Satellite systems, I have an existing Sky Digital receiver/dish etc but I was wondering if i bought a Silvercrest sl 65 in LIDL
could i possibly pick up some freeview or unencrypted channels showing Italian Football or am I living in dreamland.!!!
I live in the northern part of Ireland, near the border.
Many thanx for your patience with a novice!

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
I'm not a footie fan so i'm not 100% sure, but as far as I know most of the football is only available on subscriptions.

Also, you would need a motor or additional LNB's to pick up satellites other than 28E, Presuming you want to keep the FTA stuff from there.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have existing Sky digital system but i was going to buy Silvercrest SL 65 to try and find stations that broadcast italian football free
My Location
Ireland
Many thanks for dat, I suspected it was to good to be true for £89.
My friend in Stockport can view all the Serie A games as well as footie from other Countries. However he has his system set up on Digitalb with a 100cm dish.
He got his through some Company in Widnes. He added motor-plus as well.
Also has receiver and access card.
I dont know anyone around here who could set this up for me, he says main thing is to keep away from Sky Installers and find someone with experience lol
All I can hope for is Setanta or C4 to get Serie A back!

Thanks again.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
There are other options, have a look through the forums, there are other receivers available that may do what you want,;)

John M

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Have'nt purchased yet
My Location
Bulgaria Bourgas
Hi all,
General question?
Considering purchasing one of these Silver Crest Home Satellite Systems, from Lidl, 79.99 Euro.
Question? Will the unit work in Bulgaria, Bourgas-Black sea cost area.
If it will, what channels can I expect?
Or should I be looking for something totally different?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
welcome to the forum John M

To quickly answer your question it depends what satellite you point your dish at, the lidl kit is non motorised so you will be limited to reception from one satellite unless you fit further lnb's and a diseqc switch