HELP with Sony vtx s760u

gorath

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s, Panasat i990, Wave Frontier T90
My Location
Alimos, Greece
Does anybody have the manual of Sony's s760u? Or even knows where I can find one? It has the software version 3.4.4. Could it work with a new sky card?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I have an s750u which works perfectly with the new (yellow house on dark blue background) $ly card.

My s750 has EPG software of 3.4.4b but of more imortance is the operating system, where mine is on 1.2S4FE. These are slightly model specific so may not be exactly the same as yours.

If the box hasn't been used for a while then it may need updating. Try it out first!

All the manuals are basically the same with only the section on the position of the front controls and rear socketry differing. What do you want to know?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have one here, but as PaulR says, there is nothing of depth in there, pretty much the same for all models. :)

gorath

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Alimos, Greece
At the rear side there are an aerial input and 2 RF outputs (the one says 9V 75 mA max). What's their use? There's also a slot (looks like PCMCIA) covered by a screw-mounted piece of metal. On this metal there is a sticker that says "DIGITAL INTERFACE Warning etc....Accurately follow the module installation instructions 5V 600mA max. 3V3 1.2Amax.". What's all about this "module" thing? Can I use it with another CAM module (irdetto for instance) in order to receive other packages? Can I control more than one LNBs with S760U?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
gorath said:
At the rear side there are an aerial input and 2 RF outputs (the one says 9V 75 mA max). What's their use?

There are 2 RF outputs which can be used to feed 2 TVs. Use RF1 to feed the main TV and RF2 to feed a TV in another room. The 9V labelmeans that 9V can be supplied on this output to feed a device in the other room (a remote eye) which will then mean you can change the digibox channels from
the other room.

gorath said:
There's also a slot (looks like PCMCIA) covered by a screw-mounted piece of metal. On this metal there is a sticker that says "DIGITAL INTERFACE Warning etc....Accurately follow the module installation instructions 5V 600mA max. 3V3 1.2Amax.". What's all about this "module" thing? Can I use it with another CAM module (irdetto for instance) in order to receive other packages? Can I control more than one LNBs with S760U?
It's not a slot for another CAM even though it looks like one. It was originally supposed to be for a module so that you could receive both terrestrial and satellite signals but nothing ever transpired. Don't try putting a CAM in as I believe that the connections are different and will damage the CAM.
gorath said:
Can I control more than one LNBs with S760U?
No, it is not a Disecq receiver at all. Just the one LNB, pointing at 28E is your lot.

gorath

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Alimos, Greece
Thanx PaulR. Your reply was very helpful.