help with the mbc channels on 26E

RobTi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Scotland
Hi i can only get mbc max, so looking for some help on what to test to see if anything is wrong with my system.

I can get mbc max at 80% stregnth and 60% quality, also get plenty of other channels SD & HD with good picture quality.

I have rescanned late at night and early in the morning tried scanning on a different port on the lnb, tried nudging the dish slightly East & East but still only get the same channels and the same signal.

I am using a pc with a TBS 6981 card and an Inverto black ultra twin lnb on a 1m dish and dish was set up with a Konig sat meter

Any help ?

Thanks

Robert

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
MBC Channels on 11919 H tend to be a little weaker than other 26E receivable TPs.

I can only just get MBC with a 1.1m dish in North Yorkshire, so I suspect a 1m dish where you are is just too small.

If you look carefully at the BADR 4 footprint, that MBC TP is especially annotated

_http://www.flysat.com/badr-beam.php

Edit: None of which explains why you can get Max!

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I was wondering if the mbc channels had got stronger.

I was watching them last night with the rain lashing down without any issue.

Before any hint of rain the channels would breakup and disappear.

that is a strange issue only getting mbc max even though all the channels are on the same transponder.

Try editing your channel list that you use?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You are doing well to get them at all on that size dish in that location. You need a bigger dish.

RobTi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Scotland
Got them reinstall and up they came

Thanks all

Robert