help with TVlink amp t140

theskid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY via TV LINK
2 digi eyes
My Location
UK
i have sky DIGI and terrestrial via a set top box in my lounge and linked up via RF2 to a global TVLINK T140 amp to 2 other TV's . I get SKY via the t140 amp but can not get terrestrial .Every time i connect the arial to the digi box(straight in )it interferes with the sky picture makeing it unwatchable,i also have tried via in the set top box and into the digi box

Please can you advise how i can get both SKY and terrestrial via the uplink to the t140 and via the outputs
is the t140 the problem do i need a loftbox for combined signals

p.s i have tried to get analogue and digital terrestrial with no avail via the RF2 out

THANKS

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You probably need to change the rf output frequency of the Digibox, I'm presuming that your normal channels are watchable when running through the amp.

What TV transmitter do you receive your channels from and what channel is the digibox set to at the moment?

theskid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY via TV LINK
2 digi eyes
My Location
UK
no every time i connect the arial i get a bad sky picture and then i can recieve analogue via amp and maybe digital TV i have not tried that yet just wanna stop the distortion on sky
yes its set to 38 i will change the frequency and try again

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, not really sure what your answer to my question was.

When you loop the aerial through the sky digibox, are the terrestrial channels (non-satellite) OK on the other set?

If you tell me which TV transmitter you are receiving from, I can probably suggest a clear frequency, but you didn't answer that part of my question. For starters try channel 21 or 68, they are often clear.

There is also the possibility that your terrestrial signal is too strong and may need attenuating, but please try and answer any questions asked, as they are designed to find the answer to your problem.

theskid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY via TV LINK
2 digi eyes
My Location
UK
i live in lancashire and receive my signals (terrestrial ) via WINTER HILL
and the terrestrial is OK when via SKY its the sky which faulters

thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
From the look of things, you need to be looking at the lower frequencies, the list below of course doesn't include any contiguous transmitter frequencies, there may also be an infill transmitter nearby.

Winter Hill Frequencies

55: BBC One
62: BBC Two
59: ITV1 Granada
65: Channel 4
48: Five

56: Multiplex 1 (BBC)
66: Multiplex 2 (Digital 3&4 Limited)
68: Multiplex A (SDN Ltd / Five)
67: Multiplex B (BBC)
60: Multiplex C (National Grid Wireless)
63: Multiplex D (National Grid Wireless)

also

43: Multiplex C (National Grid Wireless) - to accommodate reception blindspots in the East
40: Multiplex D (National Grid Wireless) - to accommodate reception blindspots in the East
50: Trial Multiplex (National Grid Wireless, BBC)

so start at channel 21 and work up from there, you still may need to either attenuate the input signal, or possibly fit a band pass filter, this would attenuate all signals below those transmitted from Winter Hill, leaving you some clear frequencies to view the output from the digibox.

theskid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY via TV LINK
2 digi eyes
My Location
UK
yes tried and got a fairly good picture from digibox at 32 but not as good when i disconnect the arial from the digibox downstairs

and the arial picture is excellent throughout. would a attenuator solve this problem as my set up is the RF2 output is supplying both SAT and Terrestrial so would i need a Attenuator at the input at my TV LINK amp ,the other end of RF2 or will that stop the terrestrial

or should i just buy a LOFTBOX because that says it can supply both Terrestrial and sat down 1 cable? which i need from the RF2 ouput of the digibox

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It may be worth a try if you have tried all of the other alternative frequencies, you could always try my other solution, a band pass filter, you can get one from your local aerial supplier.

I often improvise and use group combiners A+E, as they do a similar job to the band pass filter and are more readily available, you just connect you aerial to the Group E input and run the combined output to your digibox, this should then clean up the frequencies below channel 40, but without attenuating your good TV signals. :)

theskid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY via TV LINK
2 digi eyes
My Location
UK
just seen a SAT/TV diplexer on sale at HB litherand will that do the job of the filter?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, that is not what you need, look at the link I've provided above.

theskid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY via TV LINK
2 digi eyes
My Location
UK
yes but is there anything i can get without attatching it to the arial on the roof just at the TV will be easier

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, didn't intend that you go on the roof, although that unit is in a waterproof case for masthead mounting, it can just as successfully be used behind the TV. :)

danflex1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
manhattan 6900 motorised,dragon and matrix cam
My Location
mid glamorgan
I also had a similar problem using a technomate receiver along with a sky+ box with a t140 amp, luckily I already had a global tvlink plus which works a treat where as the t140 apparently sends 9 volts back to the sky box which interferes with the technomate (non sky) box. I would think the same applies to any non sky digi box. I hope this helps anybody going down this route.