Help with Xsat CDTV 410

Bruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xsat CDTV 410
My Location
Thailand
I'm in Thailand and I'm subscribed to UBC. My old Samart receiver's PSU gave up the ghost and I've got a XSAT CDTV 410 now. Satellite dish is the same as I had before, as is the cabling, nothing has been touched there.

I put my smart card in and run through the set up, the receiver finds the free channels (total of 19) but doesn't find any of the subscription channels. So it's finding the satellite alright but for some reason none of the channels I subscribe to even appear on the channel list.

Smart card is fine, I haven't touched or upgraded anything on the receiver/decoder. And I've got an instruction manual in Thai which I can't read and the Thais I do know don't understand it!

Does anyone have a solution or even know where I can view/download an instruction manual online?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you checked on Lyngsat for the transponder frequency and then checked if it is listed on your receiver? You may simply need to add it and then scan that transponder. :)

www.lyngsat.com

Bruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xsat CDTV 410
My Location
Thailand
rolfw,

Appreciate your reply, I really am in a pickle here!

Yes I did have a look. I'll try and explain....:-ohmy

On this page; http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html it lists Thaicom 2 and Thaicom 3. My receiver when you set it up allows you to choose Thaicom2/3, not one or the other. So I selected Thaicom 3 and noticed a link on the page for Thaicom 2/3 which is here:- http://www.lyngsat.com/thai78.html.

If you scroll down to the bottom of that page you will note there are several entries for UBC DStv. That's who I subscribe to. I couldn't really make out which one is for me. The very last entry shows a load of DLTV channels, these are free "Direct Learning" channels in Thai. This is all I get (and I did get them before), yet my receiver has selected 12245 Horizontal with a Symbol Rate (kS/s) of 27500, whatever that is. Now there is nowhere on the lyngsat website for Thaicom 2, Thaicom 3 or Thaicom 2/3 on that frequency. I get nothing.

So....I went back to the Thaicom 2/3 page and selected the 12438 Horizontal and I inputted 25776 as the Symbol Rate. I chose this entry as I know I received RTV as part of my package. I still get nothing.

I've tried a few others as well but with no joy.

The receiver confirms that it is 78.5 deg East which the Lyngsat website confirms. My card is valid but no joy (I have cleaned it).

There are different options for scanning when you set it up. There is a choice of yes or no when you first set it up, by default it selects "No", I have tried "Yes" as well. On one of the options it shows good satellite signal and as I have previously mentioned I do get the free DLTV channels.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bruce

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xsat CDTV 410
My Location
Thailand
A couple of other things that may or may not be useful.

The dish is fixed, it is not motorised.

During setup you get a choice of scanning using a couple of methods, one is frequency where you get the option of putting in the Mhz, the polarization and the Symbol rate. This always fails and it simply throws up "No Signal".
The other (default) setting is "exhaustive". If I select this it throws up a screen where it tells you it is "Scanning Band", that then changes to a screen where it shows how many carriers, TV and Radio it has found. In my case it always finds 1 carrier, 19 TV and 1 radio. The TV channels being the DLTV ones.

It sets itself to 12666V 27500, yet if I enter this as the frequency etc during setup it says (as I have written above) "No Signal".

I have noticed under the antenna settings there is a field called "Adjusted Position" and there is a figure which is 785. I have no idea what this is. The figure can be changed.