HELP!!!!

• Thread starter Bobz The Burner
  • Start date
B

Bobz The Burner

i have been working hard through my mind on what sort of setup to go for. The 2 Complete systems as follows
You views would b3 most helpfull..

SYSTEM 1:
Humax 5400 With The ALL Patch, 80cm High Gain Dish, 8DB Cambridge LNB, Satb/Cryftik H To H + Full Install Kit.

SYSTEM 2:
XSAT 310 With SECA+ViAccess Built In.
80cm High Gain Dish, 8DB Cambridge LNB, Satb/Cryftik H To H + Full Install Kit.

Whats The Patch For On The Humax 5400?..

Regards
Bobz:D

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
An 8db LNB would be next to useless! I assume you mean 0.8db. Note that this is slightly worse than the usual standard 0.7db these days. In fact, 0.3db LNBs are available (at a high price) if you really want to squeeze every last bit of signal out of your dish.

The Humax 5400 patch is a modified version of the firmware which you load into the receiver in order to make the embedded Irdeto CAM behave like an ALLCAM (ie to allow it to receive not just pure Irdeto signals but also the German Betacrypt variant as used by ATV & Premiere-World).

I note your two options don't cover the same encryption systems. This means you are comparing apples with pears. You should decide which encryption systems you are interested in and choose the receiver (plus supplementary CAMs) accordingly. Shame to pay for the embedded Irdeto CAM in the Humax5400 if you don't need it. And if you DO need it, your option-2 obviosuly is no good. Similarly Seca & Viaccess. If you went for option-1, did you intend to buy those as separate CAMs? That can really hike up the price - although separate CI CAMs are a much safer bet if you were intending to use pirate cards (they are less vulnerable to the defensive measures providers are increasingly taking these days against piracy)

2old

B

Bobz The Burner

Thanks For All Your Help:D

In the end i got a Echostar 2110 With Viaccess and like you said i was warned to get seprate CI cams by the sales person.

I have also noticed that SCT have gone to Ordeto V2, do you think others will follow?.

The cam i am thinking of getting later is the Seca V1.5 whats your views 2old?.

Regards To You

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Showtime and ART (both on Nilesat/7w) have also moved to Irdeto ACS v2
I expect others will indeed follow, or move off Irdeto altogether (as D+/Telepiu have already done on Hotbird/13e).

The Astoncrypt Mediaguard ("Seca") CAM is indeed a good bet.

You might also like to try and find an original series Irdeto CAM (the re-flashable one, not the more recent "Euro" version). It is now possible using a combination of the "FreeCAM" firmware (v0.15) and a Season interface with PC-based card emulator "HBEMU" to get Mediaguard, Viaccess AND Irdeto through that one single CAM. It is only a matter of time before a (pirate-)card is released which when inserted into that CAM will also offer those three simultaneously...
But expect to pay between GBP 100 and 150 for such a CAM. They are no longer manufactured and so are scarse.

2old

B

Bobz The Burner

Thanks 2old
M80 there seems to be a lot of questions from people (5 Different Forums) regarding updating via a remote. No 1 seems to want to help these people.
Im sure if a thread was started regarding this subject members and Mods would help. Or a website with info regarding different recievers.

Its the 1 thing i have seen ALOT while learning all this.

Regards

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
there is no single universal method for updating cards or (Irdeto Free-)CAMs via the remote. Perhaps that is the casue of some of the confusion. The detailed procedure is in any case dependent on the receiver, but more importantly than that: the format/translation 'algorithm' to get the hex-keys to decimal codes enterable via the remote is different for Viaccess, Mediaguad, D2MAC... it all depends on whatever arbitrary method the author of the software you are using on your card had dreampt up.

For example, I might release a remote-updateable goldwafer hex which is written in such a way that you are required to convert each hexadecimal byte of the key into its decimal value and then add the age of my cat before entering the result via the remote. Or I might require you to transpose (say) the fifth and eighth bytes. Etc etc.

2old

B

Bobz The Burner

>For example, I might release a
>remote-updateable goldwafer hex which is
>written in such a way
>that you are required to
>convert each hexadecimal byte of
>the key into its decimal
>value and then add the
>age of my cat before
>entering the result via the
>remote. Or I might require
>you to transpose (say) the
>fifth and eighth bytes. Etc
>etc.
>
>2old

PHEW!!, 2OLD U do no your stuff:D
Anyway i must say a big thanks 2 u for all the help so far:)
I noticed Last night that RCT went off on me (no access to service). Maybe update codes shall arive shortly?.

Regards
Bobz:)