Help

W

wrxand

My Location
wilts
Apologies to you all as no doubt this question has been asked many times before.
I have recently moved house and am unable to get Sky satellite as there is a couple of trees in a neighbours garden blocking the signal. The village I live in does not have cable and also has no reception for terrestial digital tv. Is there another way I can use a satellite to receive any of Sky's channels (especially the sport) and how much would it cost?:confused

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you asked an independent to come and have a look?

G

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
wrxand said:
Apologies to you all as no doubt this question has been asked many times before.
I have recently moved house and am unable to get Sky satellite as there is a couple of trees in a neighbours garden blocking the signal. The village I live in does not have cable and also has no reception for terrestial digital tv. Is there another way I can use a satellite to receive any of Sky's channels (especially the sport) and how much would it cost?:confused
I agree with Rolf, get an expert in to have a look - usually there will be
somewhere on your property (or on a pole stuck in the lawn or garden) where
the mini-dish can be situated to get the full SKY signals. If not then maybe
a neighbour will let you put it on their property - or even share a dish - to
get the signal by avoiding the trees.

Good Luck!
Geoff