any help on this matter would be a great help ps my decoder also has a
via access cam built in if that makes any difference
stuart

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There are so many possible causes of problem that you must be more specific.
Which kind of card are you using?
Which software on the card?
Which programmer device?
Which programming utility?
Has it ever worked?

One possible cause of problem, which also illustrates why it is important to state exactly what you have, is this:

Wafer-cards are very thin and slide completely into the slot of a CAM.
PCB-cards have large DIL chips wich will not fit into the slot, so those cards have to be longer than wafers - the chips protrude outside the CAM slot.
SMD-type cards have very small surface-mounted chips. However, despite thier low profile, the chips are still too thick to slide fully into the CAM slot. Nevertheless, by situating the chips right on the edge of the card, the designers have succeeded in producing them in standard wafer format. The trick is that the chips "fit into" the cut-out of the CAM slot (the gap that enables you to grab the inserted card and extract it).

Touble is, the cut-out of an embedded CAM is often smaller than that of a CI CAM. The result is that SMD-cards will NOT insert fully into those embedded CAMs. The chips interfere. So the contacts are not made - and the card, although perfectly ok in a CI-CAM, can not be read in an embedded CAM...

2old

S

stuarty

I am using a gold card with a milleniun programmer
software is gold card pic progrommer version 1.40 gold card 6 firmware 6.3 the card type rb7 it has never decoded any programs

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
See here
http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID15/197.html

Tip: always search our board before posting questions since you are probably not the first with the question....

2old