help

ScabbyDoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i am in teh uk, Birmingham to be exact and i am having trouble getting my satellite tuned into the arc. i am relatively new to Satellites and stuff like this.
i have managed to get 1 satellites, Atlantic Bird 2, which i know is 8 degrees west. is he the most southern satellite for me? or is tehre a satellite higher in the arc?
thor?
when receiving cahnnels from atlantic bird 1 i get 100% quality and around 70% level in progdvb. if any1 can add me to their hotmail list to help me out, it woudl be greatly appreciated.

my hotmail address is sixtyfootspider@hotmail.com, pls dont mail me i ahve the enhanced junk mail filter on and i wont receiver you mail, sorry. just add me to your if you are willin got help me.

cheers.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK ScabbyDoo, you should be zeroing your dish on 1 West/thor from where you are, go to www.Lyngsat.com and look for the BBC World Frequency, it's a FTA channel and a good one to set up on. Providing you have followed the instructions for setting the declination of your dish on the motor and returned it to the due south position, you should then be able search for 1 West by moving the whole motor on the pole and the elevation of the dish.

It may take a while, but once you get 1 West, you are on the way to success. Once you have found 1 West and locked up the bolts, try searching (using the receiver) a few degrees either way, you've already found 8 West, so see how your signal compares with what you had before, if you can see the TV, try grasping the dish by the top and bottom edges and gently tilting it up and down to see if the signal improves, try this alo on a close by satellite in the other direction.