help

ScabbyDoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have a superjack diseqc motor by jaeger. i have the manual and i need to kwno what the declination of the dish would be. can any1 who has this motor look in the bck of the manual and let me knwo what declinatoin i shoudl set for a lattitude of 52.485 (according to heavens above that is the right lattitude for birmingham(

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
better to replace it with 36v mount i say that because of the severe weather in the uk the mount move's or at worst the mount can snap in a gale, or else fit in a very sheltered place. you will also be able to drive a large dish should you wish to upgrade in the future and save buying another mount, it can be replaced with house insurance after a storm, but a flying dish is no fun having to deal with,where you dont want it to land it will, a better mount is worth it in the long run.i know this not what you asked.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is this the one Scabbydoo? What are the graduations on the side scale marked with?

ScabbyDoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw: it is numbered every 5 degress with notches between them. i just need ot knwo what i need to set the declination on teh staellites to. if any has the manul for this, or can get there hands on a pdf manla that woudl be great

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From the look of the scale and from reading the spec, the inclination scale runs from 25 to 75 Degrees, it may well be that you simply enter the latitude as is, 52/53 degrees.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The declination is an amount added to the basic elevation of the mount, and is a combination angle linked with the releavant elevation angle of the locaton, combined with the dish design, for an offset dish this could be anywhere between 20 and 35 degrees

Add this to about 5.2 degrees and you shouldnt be too far off.