Help !!!!!!!!

TopHouse

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Greater Manchester
Total newbie, just learnt to program funcards etc, only had the system fitted on Saturday, Box is a Samsung 9500 with 1 metre dish, anyway, I've been "familiarising" myself with the workings etc but something has gone wrong somewhere, if I pick a channel, I get the "searching" message at the bottom of the screen, then the picture comes on for about 10 seconds, then it's off again, the dish is finding the signal, holding it for 10 seconds or so and then moving off it and searching again, then it finds it for 10 seconds and does it again, this just repeats over & over and it does it with every channel. Have I upset a setting somewhere or does it sound like the kit has gone faulty?

Many thanks in advance,

TopHouse

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sounds like the LNB is off frequency, now its bedded in

Try scanning for a new channel and keep a check on whether this one also starts 'drifting'

TopHouse

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Greater Manchester
Spoke to Rolf earlier and he gave me a few tips, ie going to thor at 0.8 west and saving the position, did that and found it ok, but if I select "calculate sat positions" from the menu in the Samsung 9500 I assume it should then calculate all the other satelite positions, it doesn't. I did an autotune stations on Thor and it found the stations etc, now if i tune to a channel on Thor it doesnt drift off, it stays there. However, If I pick a channel on another satellite, it gives me the "searching for channel" at the bottom of the screen, it finds the channel, I get it for about 10 seconds then the dish starts searching again, put simply, I tell the dish to find a channel, it moves to the channel, waits 10 seconds then starts moving again and searches for it again, finds it again, 10 seconds and it's off again. Am I wrong in thinking that if you tune in to a sat ie "thor" and select "calculate sat positions" that it should then calculate all the other satellites? I'm thinking I'll be calling the installers out to it tommorow, this is driving me daft!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is there somewhere which asks you to put in your coordinates tophouse? It will only work if the receiver knows your location. If you can't get this to work, you can always set all of the sats manually, but this shouldn't be necessary, once set, they should stay logged.

TopHouse

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Greater Manchester
Nope, not seen anywhere to put in my co-ordinates at all, think i've been through all the menus and cant find anything, you're right about manually tuning in though as I had a go at doing Astra 1 as well and now both that and Thor work fine, I see what you're saying though, it needs to know where it is to find the other satelites based on two points, ie my position and the position of 1 satellite. Really could do with a Sammy user right now. Mind you, I don't know what my co-ordinates are either :( where do I find them ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

TopHouse

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Greater Manchester
been looking through the menus and can't find anywhere that you'd put in your co-ordinates, the manual makes no mention of it.:confused

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well I guess it's possible to do it sweep and find the sats using the ids, but if you can't find them that way, just find them manually and they should stay.

TopHouse

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Greater Manchester
Does this have anything to do with the co-ordinates as I don't know what this is [Quote from Manual]

1.1 LNB Setting
You can select the satellite and LNB setting conditions
to execute channel search and you can alter the settings
for 22KHz tone. The parameters set in this menu are
needed for programming the channels for the "Auto
scanning" and "Manual scanning".
The necessary information can be found at your antenna
and LNB brochures, or you can ask your dealer.
 Select LNB power supply "On".
 Select the desired satellite name.
 Select the LNB type (frequency).
 Select the DiSEqC Mode
(off, DiSEqC A, DiSEqC B, DiSEqC C, DiSEqC D, Tone Burst A, Tone Burst :cool:
If you are using a Positioner, select this option. (“Yes” or “No”)

----------------------
It's the DiSEq thing I have no idea of !!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
For the DiseqC question where it asks are you using a positioner, select Yes and that should set things up for motor operation.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I did not realise from your first post it was a dish moving problem

There is something funny with the 9500 and setting up the menus for motorised systems

I recall the option to tick for a motorised setup needs to be done, and unless you navigate correctly back out of the menus using the remote, the receiver will forget you have set it up in the first place.

TopHouse

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Greater Manchester
Sorted,

Had the installers on the phone talking me through it today, I had to manually find Astra, Hotbird and Hispasat manually, it seems the thing had lost it's positions somewhere. Thanks for all the feedback though people, I was impressed. Now I could do with knowing a few people who have the Sammy 9500 VIACI and picking their brains about various stuff.