here goes

i hope i am the correct area with query, i have an 80cm dish .3 db lnb and from one position am getting astra 19 e ,astra28e,sirius 2/3 and telecom 2 c is this the normaol way of receiving these sat s am tottally new to this and have not put motor on yet, i just thought you had to point at one and then move dish to get others or have i done something wrong in the installation ??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will not be receiving those sats with one LNB on a static dish, it is more than likely that they have some transponder frequencies in common and that is why you appear to get a signal from the satellites.

What channels have you managed to scan in?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which channels in particular, it will help to identify the satellite you are pointing at.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you get one of these little satbeepers or swinging needle meters, you can quite easily swing the dish around to pick up the other satellites. :)