www.studyenglishintheuk.com
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson Digibox & Mini dish - Arion AF-1700EC & 80 cm dish
Computer Setup? a couple of PCs and a few Laptos
My Location
UK
Hi guys,

I have another receiver to upgrade and I don't know anything about it O-Ha

The only information I found about it is on this link http://www.betasat.net/receiver/next/nextci.htm

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to change the upgrade the keys / firmware, etc.

Thanks in advance

Salvador

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A few more links here

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
Yes, you can update the EMU and keys. This receiver is well supported on a number of Turkish web sites if you can struggle through them. Let me know if you want some links there, but you'll really need someone who understands turkish. If it's not possible I'll help you but I may be a bit slow between posts. I update a friend's NEXT ye2000 Plus (i.e. without the X designation). Files for the X and non-X versions are not compatable.

Meanwhile, please go into the receiver's system information menu and post what you find. It should be something like this:

S/W vers: INF110a051904 MO00.13
H/W vers: A0-04
Data vers: YKME00031804iids
Loader vrs: L.4.0B(DF)

Also, is it the NEXT YE 2000X CIS Plus, or the CI plus?

On my friend's we had to go through a two stage upgrade, it wasn't enough just to load the latest file.

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
All X plus series have a 2MB 5518 processor
You need:
loader: PCLink2.0i User.zip
RS232 crossover cable
Files:

emu file (.hex)
file name must contain your model i.d. exactly.
e.g.:
YE2000X-plus-CIS_blahblahblah.zip
Containing file:
YE2000X-plus-CIS_blahblahblah.hex

Softcam key file (.key):
These are suitable for all versions of NextPlus
e.g.:
NextPlus-Softcamkey-061005.zip
Containing file:
softcam.key

Channel Files (.udp)
(Optional)
Warning! File version must match the model and software version of your receiver.
e.g.:
Next2000XplusCIS_türksat_hotbird.zip
containing file:
Next2000XplusCIS_türksat_hotbird.UDB

Procedure
1.Don’t connect RS232 cable yet.
2. Turn on receiver to a channel, not standby.
3. On PC run Loader.
4. Connect
crossover RS232 cable.
5. Click on the hammer icon and choose COM port 1. A connection should be made and STB information displayed.
6. To load the EMU: Click on the orange light bulb icon, browse to file, download will start. To load the Softcam key file click on the key icon. To load the channel file, use the “open udp” folder icon. (Note, you may have to repeat the whole procedure for each loading attempt, but try anyway)
7. Receiver front panel shows END or similar when finished, and Loader writes “success” or somesuch.
8. After loading EMU: connect to TV, and perform factory reset. Make system settings
and "save" (not "initialise"). Then scan for channels, or load a .udp file if you like.

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Artist2004 and rolfw, thank you both for your information.

Artist2004, that was one very useful and informative post.

It doesn't seem that you can upgrade the keys through the remote control, does it?

Next time I see my friend I'll check the details of the firmware version, etc.

Thanks again

Salvador

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
Salvador: if the system info screen is empty, press the red button and enter 1234. This activates the emu. Exit and go in again.

I don't know about whether you can update keys by remote control, next time I'm passing a turkish web site I'll see if I can find out!

Let me know if you can't find files, loaders etc..

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
How to add keys using the remote controller

1) Go to the System Information menu. If there’s nothing displayed the EMU is switched off. Turn it on by pressing the red button, then 1234 and then EXIT.

2) Press the MENU button on the remote controller,
choose CI system and press the OK button. A list of encryption schemes should appear (Viaccess etc.)

3) Choose the encryption system you want. E.g. for tps (multivision) choose Viaccess. On the screen that appears, f
or tps (multivision) browse to ID 0x007c00 TPS France and press the OK button. You’ll get a list of keys in hexadecimal.

4) Go to the line that you want to change and press the red button to enter edit mode.

5) Hexadecimal digits: Enter numerals from the number buttons on the remote. Enter alpha characters (i.e. letters A to F) using the buttons shown in the picture of the remote controller attached.

Note: there is another shorter way of opening the encryption screen: whilst you have a channel selected, press the yellow button.

With acknowledgements to turkeyforum

salvador

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Artist 2004 said:
How to add keys using the remote controller

1) Go to the System Information menu. If there’s nothing displayed the EMU is switched off. Turn it on by pressing the red button, then 1234 and then EXIT.

2) Press the MENU button on the remote controller,
choose CI system and press the OK button. A list of encryption schemes should appear (Viaccess etc.)

3) Choose the encryption system you want. E.g. for tps (multivision) choose Viaccess. On the screen that appears, f
or tps (multivision) browse to ID 0x007c00 TPS France and press the OK button. You’ll get a list of keys in hexadecimal.

4) Go to the line that you want to change and press the red button to enter edit mode.

5) Hexadecimal digits: Enter numerals from the number buttons on the remote. Enter alpha characters (i.e. letters A to F) using the buttons shown in the picture of the remote controller attached.

Note: there is another shorter way of opening the encryption screen: whilst you have a channel selected, press the yellow button.

With acknowledgements to turkeyforum

What can I say about all this? I'm bloody impressed :D

I said before and I said it again, people like you is what makes this forum so great.

I'm greatful for the information and hope the information can also help other people with this STB cause I could find next to nothing.

I'll give it a go as soon as I can get my hands on the box and I'll post back my results.

Salvador

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
salvador said:
What can I say about all this? I'm bloody impressed :D

I said before and I said it again, people like you is what makes this forum so great.

I'm greatful for the information and hope the information can also help other people with this STB cause I could find next to nothing.

I'll give it a go as soon as I can get my hands on the box and I'll post back my results.

Salvador

Cheers Salvador, I find this site a civilised corner of of the web and I've had great help here too, so I like to return the favour when I can.