wilf

Reaction score
Website
www.webringnetworks.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-8100CI, 80cm Dish
My Location
Somerset, UK
OK, I have an Arion AF-8100CI, blah blah blah, and basically its in my room but I also want to be able to watch it in the living room, which is downstairs.. considering I have two controllers for this Arion pile of crap thing will the video link work? Or it it sky-digital-exclusive? Or can you get just general ones?
Capish? Good..
Thanks for answers in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just get yourself a Powermid wilf, should do the trick, still requires a co-ax connection though.:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
Videosenders can be had for as little as £25/£30 these days. Just yesterday I saw one on Medion's UK website for £25. From my experience, they're stuff is usually pretty good.

blackninja

Reaction score
I just bought an SLX magic eye link on Ebay hoping it would work with the Sky and Smart Centurio receiver. Not so sure now I've read this but will give you results when I get it.

While we're on the subject I already get sky in my bedroom via a lead from the RF out port on the Sky receiver to the bedroom TV's aerial socket, and I'm hoping the magic eye will allow me to change the Sky channel from upstairs. I've now got Hotbird direct to my room (having run a coax lead from the Hotbird dish directly to my Smart centurio receiver) but I was wondering if I disattach the lead from the bedroom telly and plug it into the TV Out on my Smart receiver, and then disattach the cable from the RF Out on the Digibox downstairs and plug it into the aerial port on the downstairs telly (so I've basically swap the set up around), would I get whatever channel's showing on the Smart upstairs on the downstairs telly (in the same way I currently get whatever's on the Sky digibox on the upstairs telly)?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
blackninja said:
but I was wondering if I disattach the lead from the bedroom telly and plug it into the TV Out on my Smart receiver, and then disattach the cable from the RF Out on the Digibox downstairs and plug it into the aerial port on the downstairs telly (so I've basically swap the set up around), would I get whatever channel's showing on the Smart upstairs on the downstairs telly (in the same way I currently get whatever's on the Sky digibox on the upstairs telly)?

Yes it would work.

wilf

Reaction score
Website
www.webringnetworks.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Arion AF-8100CI, 80cm Dish
My Location
Somerset, UK

blackninja

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Yes it would work.

Tried it but can't seem to get the channel from the Smart receiver (which there's nothing smart about - still it was cheap) on the downstairs telly. Do I need to mess around with the RF channel and RF mode on the Smart settings? There's RF channels 21-69 and modes PAL B/G, PAL I, and PAL B/K. I'm guessing I have to fiddle with them but I'm a bit perplexed with it all (the original Sky setup was done by someone else who knew something about satellites).

blackninja

Reaction score
I bought the slx magic eye but can't get it to work. I think the problem is the splitter/amplifier in my bedroom - between the cable from the digibox and that going into my bedroom TV. Reading the instructions to the slx magic eye it says an slx bypass kit could be the solution. Is this splitter/amplifier the reason why I can't transmit the Hotbird signal to the downstairs TV - and would the bypass kit be the solution to this problem as well? It seems strange when the Sky picture can be transmitted upstairs along the same cable.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If the Smart receiver is in the same loop as (and before) the Digibox, then the signal should make it around the system, the transmission frequency is of course important and cannot be sat on top of another channel.