hi could i have sum help please

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000d (patched) 90cm technomate dish pointing at hotbird 13e
My Location
birmingham UK
hi im new 2 all this and im thinking of getting an 80cm motorised dish and connecting it up 2 my pc using a skystar 2 card. Is there possibly anyway I will be able to recieve art sports if I use only my computer? and also can i decrypt the channels on the sattelite so I can watch them via my pc?

cheers, if you can help

Merry Christmas to you all! :-sugar

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hang on, which 'blues are crap' first?

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham UK
birmingham city lol, plz help me im beggin and is it hard 2 set up the dish as im only 14? my moms sayin i cant have this sattelite tv thing but that will soon change :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:-Cbigsmil

Yes, but ART sports cannot be done easily on the PC. You would need an official card (£99 a year) and a card programmer connected to your serial port. Just grab what's free on the other satellites at the moment. Fair amount of Premiership games live and free at the moment, particularly on 13E and 30W.

I'm sure at 14 though, you're gonna have to sweet-talk mum and dad...

;)

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham UK
ok what i dont understand is what 13E and 30W is could ya tell me plz. And how much do you think it will cost me in total I alredi have a 65/70cm dish havent actually measured it properly lol. cheers 4 ya help I apreciate it. And will i have to install stuff on my pc to view the encrypten channels?

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham UK
Ive decided not 2 use my pc and buy a reciever

If a 65/70 cm dish is big enough I will need the following

10M coax cable (which do I need male or female?)
2 F-connectors (I think 1 for each end lol)
reciever (possibly with a card reader)

and anythink else you can think of and I have a budget of 70 quid can I do it

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
1) Dish with LNB (the bit at the end of the dish arm)
2) A motor (if you chose to do this, but outside your price range at the moment)
3) Coax with two 'F' connectors (don't worry about male/female, if you ask for 'F' connectors, you will get the right ones) - or four if you get a motor.
4) A cheap receiver - lidl do them from time to time. Maybe a second hand one, or you might just stretch to a Technomate TM1000D.
5) Some mounting brackets/pole/bolts for the dish.

Using your PC and getting a satellite card will be cheaper.

Read a load (hundreds) of the posts here if you want to do it. You will fail in your quest if you don't. Use the search function to cross reference your research.

:)

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham UK
my dish is alreday set up i may just need to update the LNB cuz its a bit old maybe 7 yrs old. So im gna get a TM1000D off ebay already patched :) for 75 includin delivery then get the coax cable and f-connectors about 10 quid. Will the 70cm dish be big enough? Then I should be set but its just finding the sattelites i dont get the hang of.

cheers, Adam

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham UK
coming from my sattelite theres a black cable thats attached to the LNB but i followed the cable into my house and the cable changes from black to white and inbetween the coulours there is some black duck tape is this still ok? do i need to buy a coax cable still? the end of the white cable plugs into the back of my portable tv and works fine.

does this mean i need a reciever and to buy one f-connector then put the f-connector on the end of the white cable then plug the f-connector into my reciever and then search for some channels and if i cant find any move the sattelite abit?

cheers again, Adam

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Errr, if the cable from the dish goes into the back of your TV then I'm worried :D

Change it. Join your new cable securely to your old cable and pull it through if possible. Make sure you get PROPER satellite cable, otherwise you're wasting your time. You'll need to point your dish at '13 East' for now I would suggest. Read up on how to do that elsewhere on the forum.

Check to see what is written on the LNB. If it says 'universal' then you're OK, otherwise pick up a second hand one on ebay for under a fiver. I suspect you'll need a new one.

STICK

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham UK
looks like i need a new LND cuz it doesnt say anythin on it n i also need a new 10m coax cable and 2 f-connectors and a reciever then i should be good 2 go.

or could i use all the cables from my sky minidish? and that would fit perfectly woudnt it? could i also use my LNB from my minidish?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You could use the cable, and the LNB would work, but it's a different fitting. Some people have taped them on, but it's not ideal when you see how much a new one is :D

Happy Chrimbo. I'm off to bed now :)

bluesarecrap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
birmingham UK
ok good night and make sure you leave the mince pie out for santa :-lmao.