Hi from a newbie. Sorry if it has been asked many times before ...

nariman1977

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ setup, Astra 28.2E fixed dish

Pace setup: Pace DS810XE, motorised Dish with DiSeqC1.2
My Location
Somerset, Frome
Hi

I am a newbie to all this. I am an electronics engineer who is just started to play aorund with STB and ...

Anyway, I have a motorised dish, with a Pace DS810XE stb. Before you say it, yes I bought it because I thought it supports USALs as well as DiSeqC1.2, but then relalised USAL is 1.3 not 1.2!

Anyway, I have got the box working with my STB, and mainly interested in experminenting with different satelites.

I came along CIs and some channels on the Astra2, BskyB need a CI inserted. So I searched and found that the CI is a CAM interface and basically buy a cam and a loader.

So I did, I bought a Dragon twin loader V4.1 and the card. I am not sure what version predator the card is!

I have put the cam in the box, and went to the settings and changed the NDS serial number to my SKy+ box, to see if I can receive the SKy+ channels on the box.

WHat else am I supposed to do? WHat is the CAM loader card for and how do you load it?

When the CAM is insrted, and I go to the CAM menu, it asked me to select the card, between SIM or Smart card,Debug,settings and EXit.

Are these cards SMart cards? Because if I do select smart card, it tells me the ard type is not recognised!

Any help in this is appreciated. I have searched around to find topics on how to load CAM card and ..., but it seems everyone knows how to load these things.

So I do appologise if I sound stupid!

Cheers

Naz

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Thae Dragon Cam 4.1 requires a Predator firmware file, which is what the loader card is for.
First check if your Cam has any firmware already loaded.
Using your receivers remote enter the Cams menu and check if the Dragon Cam has a Predator file listed.
If it has ensure your S*y card is inserted the correct way, the card in a cam faces chip side upwards, which is opposite to most receivers.
To program you Dragon loader card you require a card programmer, do you have one?

nariman1977

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Somerset, Frome
Hi

If I go to the CI menu, without the loader card, it says 'PRED EMPB' for the type. Press ok to go to the menu, and it lists the following as options:

Smart Card
SIM Card
Debug
Settings
Exit

If I go to the first2, without the loader card, it tells me there is no card installed.
I put the card in, and go to the Sart Card option, it tells me 'Card Type UNKNOWN'.

Does this mean the loader card is not programmed?
How do I check if it is programmed?

HOw do I check if the CAM is loaded already?

Thanks

nariman1977

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Somerset, Frome
p.s. I don't have a Smartcard programmar. AM I better off buying one, or paying someone on ebay to program the card for me?

How often do you need to reporgramme the cards with new updates?
WHat is a recommended cheap programmr?

Thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Ytou already have a Predator file updated by EMPB, who updates the original files from kinkdink.
You should be able to open the following packages with your cam:
Premiere 19.2E
Polsat 13E
Digi TV 1W.
If you want to use your cam to view S*y channels then insert the card, chip face up, and tune in the channels on 28.2E, you might need to re-scan these channels in as they often change PIDS.
To view the other channels, Premiere, Polsat and Digi TV, you might need to manually update the keys, all depending which version of Predator you have.
If you go into the Cams menu and settings, if you see N2 AU is ON then it is the latest Predator 368 file and you do not need to update the keys, if not do the following:
Click on Debug
OhlAladin
and enter the required package whose keys need updating, e.g. 2111 Digi TV.
You will see 4 sets of keys
00-0
00-1
01-0
01-1
If key 01 meeds updating click on 01-0 and enter the first 8 sets of decimal keys, 8 sets of 3 numbers.
Once complete enter 01-1 and enter the last 8 sets of decimal keys.
Once complete exit and you should now be able to view Digi TV channels.

nariman1977

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Somerset, Frome
If I go to the settings menu, I only see the followig 2 options:

Nagra box key
NDS Serial number

If I go to either of them, it seems it is to do with setting serial number.

BskyB channels: If I insert my NDS card in the cam, wih chip face up,switch the unit on and then go to a channel like E4, I get to see the pic and ...

But anything like Dave or Discovery and ... tells me that the CI module is not right?

Do I need to rescan the channels with the cam inserted?
I thought E4 and ... you needed to have a valid viwing card? If I tak the card out, I can still vatch the channel!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Try entering your NDS serial number in the settings menu.

To find your number, in your S*Y box go to Services-4-5.

Llew

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You only need to enter your serial number for the premium channels.
Is your card still activated?
You do need to return it to your S*y receiver every 4-6 weeks to receive the stay alive signal.
When was the last time you used it in your official S*y receiver?
The Predator file on your Dragon Cam will need to have the S*y CAID present, which usually most Predator files do, but as this is a modified file, from EMPB, we don't know which version of Predator is currently loaded and how many CAIDs are present.

nariman1977

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Somerset, Frome
So is it better to load the latest file to the loader and then load the CAM with that version?

As for the serila number, I have entered the serial number for the sky box in the NDS settings. It is also a current card and I have always used it in the SKy+ box, so it is still active.

What is an ideal cheap simcard writer I can find?
Cheers