Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Hi.
I am in Cyprus and receive all SKY channels fine from 2A/2B North and South beams. I receive NO channels at all from 2D. I am using a 2.4m prime focus dish, Invacom (single) LNB, and a Panasonic TU-DSB30 Digibox.

So if I turn OFF the 22 KHz tone to the LNB, thus forcing the reception of the Lo band only (2D) I would expect to now receive no channels at all, and on the ones I normally receive from 2A/2B to now give the message 'No Satellite Signal is being Received'.

WRONG! I am still receiving some channels, such as Living, Challenge, Bravo, H&L, UK Style. I still get UK Gold, but NOT UK Gold+1 even though are both on the 2A South beam. I cannot now get ITV News or SKY News, but I still getting CCTV-9 and Euronews.

Undertaking a forced reboot or software download make no difference.

So what is going on? I can only think of the following possibilities:
1. The channels I can still receive are Lo band, from 2A or 2B.
2. On some channels there is still a 22 KHz tone getting thru to the LNB, if
so how?
3. The channels I can still receive are Lo band, but from a different Satellite.

I would be interested in any comments on the above please.
Switching the 22 KHz tone back on I immediately get ALL 2A/2B channels back.

Regards
Geoff

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should gain no benefit by switching off the 22Khz tone, it will only serve to limit your channels.

The channels you are still receiving can all be received in low band as far as I can see, so everything is as it should be.

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
rolfw said:
You should gain no benefit by switching off the 22Khz tone, it will only serve to limit your channels.

The channels you are still receiving can all be received in low band as far as I can see, so everything is as it should be.

Thanks Rolfw. I tried it not because there might be some benefit (there is none) but to ensure my system was correctly switching into Lo band - I have read that the Panasonic 30 does SOMETIMES have a 22 KHz fault, in that it doesn't switch off when it should thus leaving you in Hi band.

I had not realised there were some Lo band transmissions from 2A/2B, I had thought only 2D uses Lo band.

Incidentally there are 2D sigs received, but they are not strong enough on my size dish to be receivable by the receiver. In the old Analog days I would have had a picture, but snowy/sparkles. With Digital it is all, or nothing. I have nothing, Hi

Cheers
Geoff