Hijacked!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
WARNING! Before I explain please excuse the odd stray 'French' words that will be let loose! As at the moment I am pretty Pi**ed off!. Some little ars*ole probably whilst typing with one hand and t**sing himself off with the other, has highjacked my home page.......I have tried a search to find this little sh*ts handy work but after many hours.....no luck. I have downloaded a couple of programms that claim to remove this very annoying feature on my pc and have already tried (already installed Adaware) but no fookin luck! I therefore need some help or the little B**tards address so I can go round and Keelhaul em!

Your advice please shipmates.....Wavey

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do you mean your browser homepage Wavey?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
rolfw said:
Do you mean your browser homepage Wavey?

GRRRR! Sorry m8 ....yes and it keeps advising me I am infected an sh*t like that m8.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Most of the heavyweight anti spyware tools will get rid of the browser hijack, which ones have you tried?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well I've tried Hijacker from pcworld.com...can't remember the other Rolf......also tried resetting 'Internet Options' too......Thats the trouble with XP m8!....on 98 I could go into 'System Tools' and repair Explorer, with XP it seems it does not have that option!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You need something like Spybot Search and Destroy, that should get rid of it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Thanks Rolf....I'll give it a try m8.

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
Hi. I had a few probs earlier this year but found the following programme which was very helpful and put me back in shape. Of course, it may be your probs different from mine but if nothing else works you might want to give it a go.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

Good luck
Stephen

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Thanks for the help guys :-righton ...Also the PM from Lancelot. All fixed now :D I have to say 'Spy Sweeper' routed all the gremlins so I was able to trash em O-grab . As for the 'Ad aware' program I've now deleted that as it sucks!

P.S has anyone tried www.mscracks yet? some good unlockers there!

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central

meldrew

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North West
To do the job properly you will need Hijackthis and CWshredder. Search in Google for both.

Once you have the problem most other software will only confirm that you have it but not actually do anything about it.

Meldrew

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
meldrew said:
To do the job properly you will need Hijackthis and CWshredder. Search in Google for both.

Once you have the problem most other software will only confirm that you have it but not actually do anything about it.

Meldrew

Ta Meldrew.........I'll take a peek at em!

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
i cant fault search and destroy. its free for starters and if you have windows explorer 6 installed using it in combination with spywareblaster will actually stop the spyware going on the system in the first place so when you scan the system and delete the garbage it wont go back on the system again as long as you have explorer 6 upwards installed. Spysweeper didnt find anything when i tried it because spywareblaster and search and destroy are a good combination, ok might miss the odd thing but hey use avg free edition as an antivirus and trojan detector and you cant go wrong :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The full version of Spysweeper will warn you (in real time) if an attempt is made to change your homepage. I don't think S and D will.

loftyj

Reaction score
Had loads of problems with mine last week, so called in one of the boffins from BT works at there research labs, called his dad a silly old twit, rebooted the computer and installed Bullguard. says it one of the best on market at the moment.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Its also worth mentioning search and destroy will not allow any registry changes without your permission .

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
All this talk of spyware got me to check my machine today and first I tried Adaware which found one little bug, next I tried Spybot search and destroy and that came up with five bugs.
I then tried a program that I had downloaded a few days ago called Xoftspy and that found 21 little nasties. The only problem with Xoftspy is it is free to find them but it costs $39.99 to get the full program so I can get rid of the little b*sta*d's.
Has anyone out there tried this program or do you know of anyone who has ?
If anyone wants to try it or have a look www.xoftspy.co.uk

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Rob said:
I then tried a program that I had downloaded a few days ago called Xoftspy and that found 21 little nasties. The only problem with Xoftspy is it is free to find them but it costs $39.99 to get the full program so I can get rid of the little b*sta*d's.

Or you could all buy Macs - sorry!!!

OS X - build in firewall / Safari - built in pop up blocker - etc.

The bad boys don't bother about us, too much hassle for little reward!

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Yes Rob i have tried that program im sure or something very similar and i found that it would find things the others would not. I always wondered how convenient it was for this stuff to be on my hard drive when they want you to buy there software from them.
Maybe im just being paranoid? ;)