Hispasat 30.w

satboy47

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
anybody advise how to check the limits set on my system to see if i can pick up this sat are the limits set on the reciever or motor on the dish i have tried but can not seem to pick anything up i am in the U.K. South Wales area

MY SYSTEM
I metre lenson heath dish,
H TO H mount,
Echostar 3000viaip,
Freecam 2.018.

SATBOY47

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Satboy47,

I'll move this to Multi Satellite Systems forum, you may get more help there.

What are the extremes available to you at the moment, ie, what is your Eastern most limit? You dish size should certainly be adequate for Hispasat reception, providing you have a clear line of sight.

satboy47

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
sorry if i posted in the wrong section the most eastern is 1000 and western is 1420 if this any help i got as far thor the sats at present ASTRA 19.2E, EUT W216.E, EUT HOTBIRD, EUT 10.E SIRIUS, THOR, all good signals if you could give me a sat to aim at near HISPASAT would be a great help my dish is on a TNK mount on the side of the house with dish movin over the roof with nothing blocking the signal

SATBOY 47

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I live in South East England Satboy and have a similar setup to you. I believe the Echo always sets the eastern limit to 1000, maybe thats how it calculates positions automatically. I'm getting 55-60% signal quality on Hispasat at 30W and about 40% on Pas3R at 43W which is my western limit. My Eastern limit is Turksat 42E.

Hope that helps

Jimbo

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No problem with the post Satboy47, just thought it would be better here, I don't know too much about the Echostar and the way it operates the positioner, but from the look of Jimbo's arc, it would appear that it may be worth adjusting your Western limit by say 50 points at a time, you could perhaps try 5W first, then perhaps Telstar 12 at 15W http://www.lyngsat.com/t12.shtml

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
SATBOY i think big R was askin will your dish clear any obstructions if you were to go further east, ie brickwall (good for bending dish) fence ,trees, If it will go further East without being
CRUSHED all you have to do is ????????????
If software limited :ie limit set by reciever, retune reciever stateing
new limits, In other words set reciever as far west as it will go
first (needs 2 people) 1 on the remote (and 1 to scream stop) &
then do the same east. Then tune sats in as useual, Secondly if the Dish wont go far 2 the west or east (even though plenty of clearance) Its been set on the motor (there is an east to west limit switch in the motor, Only used in instalations where collisions
are likely, this is useually a pair of micro switches with a srewed nut that when turned gives more movement.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
From the positioner Counter that you confirm 1420 I believe you have still to adjust the limit on your mount/Echostar.

What type of mount do you have ? and is it wall mounted? have you checked to see if you have line of site view to the western satellite's that you would like to recieve?

There are many satellite's prior to 30.0 West that you may use to help you identify when you are close.
next to thor is 5.0 west and 8.0 west both have pretty good signals then there is 15.0 west with pretty strong signals

And then through to NSS at 21.5 west , followed with 27.5 west- although this is pretty old and generally much lower power transponder signals.

check out the link below to help with the satellites location and signals that you may recieve .

www.lyngsat.com

regards

Old satellite

satboy47

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thank you very much guys for all the the information very much appreciated will print out the replies and let you know how i get on

THANKS AGAIN SATBOY47

satboy47

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Need your help again please guys done a factory reset altered the limits i have picked up a sat says it is hotbird on my echostar but is not any body know what sat it is. These are the channels i have got:
DIGITAL
GCPE1 GLOBECAST TESTCARD
GCPE2
SERTE TEST

ANALOGUE
DUNA
MESOPOTMANIA
TRT INT
FRANCE
BBC WORLD
WELLE TV
TELEFONIC

CHEERS SATBOY 47

SIGNAL LEVEL 65% SIGNAL QUALITY 8O%

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Sounds like Telecom 2c 5 degrees west, If so after that should b
telecom 2a/d at 8 west, then eutell 2 f2 at 12.5 west(i dont think you`ll get this,then telstar 12 at 15west, and the next 1 you can get on your setup is hispasat 30west. All you have to do is set
your program search to Tv cabo/hispasat swing dish around slowly and you should get a signal, TV cabo on hispasat is very strong signal.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, looks like Hotbird, all of those analogue channels are on Hotbird.

satboy47

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Here i am again i am have reset the limits on my echostar and went up the ladder on the H to H mount but the furthest east i can go is hotbird going west quietly got as far as TELECOM 2D still a lot of room on the west limit i have open the cover on the motor and there is a little plastic shroud with a philips spring screw and a little notch on the bottom is this the limit adjuster and can i get a diagram for it anywhere

THANKS satboy47

mole4319

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
I know this is a bit late, but if it's any help I ahve an Echostar AD3000ip.
By default the easterly limit is 1000 and the furthest I can see East (because of obstructions) is 28.2E.
At 1000 is Astra2 and Hispasat appears at 1451, so as you can see, it's a fair way around. Hotbird is at 1149.
Astra2 1000
Astra1 1106
Hotbird 1149
Sirius 1205
Thor 1249
Hispasat 1450

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Yes it would appear that you mount is approx 7.7 pulses per degree - not the highest but sufficent with your dish size to move to correct position.

However we need to understand if your mount is the same as the original posting by, Sat Boy47 ?

regards

Old Satellite

satboy47

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks fo all the info guys can pick it up now and most of the channels including palco x and p-cine had more help on this board in a few days than weeks on others

CHEERS SATBOY47