sharif888uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox X +CI
80cm dish..
My Location
United Kingdom(london)
hi..i m a newbie

can someone please tell me what size dish would i need to get hispasat.. i live in east london (uk)and currently have 80cm dish

thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Your dish will be perfectly OK for Hispasat - provided you have a clear line of sight to that satellite.

Llew

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I thought I new East London quite well, but I can't even find Asfas on the map. :confused I haven't heard of the Asdfad brand of receiver either. :-doh!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rolfw said:
I thought I new East London quite well, but I can't even find Asfas on the map. :confused I haven't heard of the Asdfad brand of receiver either. :-doh!

Ah this is my forte..... they are both permutations of five and six one fingered key inputs that are next to each other on a querty keyboard.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, yes I know that Topper, t'was a tad of dare I say it, Sarcasm, can't really see the point of putting rubbish in the fields. :) We used to get several spoof E-mail addresses a week from people registering and I used to search for those specific characters to delete them, the forum software automatically deletes non activated members now, so don't have to search any more. :)

J

Jeff_19341

I'm really going back in time now, back then ASFAS stood for AS Far A Stepney or might have been shenfield! Summat to do with trains,this was over 30+ years ago though as I left there in 1971.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rolfw said:
t'was a tad of dare I say it, Sarcasm,

Really, that's very out of character Rolf apart from the fact that we have :-hijack this thread I wonder why people put blah in there instead of some useful info.

JuMbuCk but that was when they had keyboards... my mum (bless her) used to work for the electricity board punching little holes into cards. I can remember her coming home with some strange listing paper with a Sledge and Reindeer printed on it all made out of the letter X, 1963 I think or may have been 1962. I was still in my short trousers! and I thought I.T. was in my jeans ooops genes lol

J

Jeff_19341

Yes, remember those cards very well, if you made a mistake you stuck a bit of brown sticky paper over the hole and punched again. I'm sure that it was Shenfield, end of the line for the late electric train.

I agree with Rolfw, rubbish in the fields is as good as no information at all. Just leads to yet another round of questions what! where! etc etc.

onentity

Reaction score
Website
www.onentity.com
My Location
London, UK
Just got a 1m-1.10 dish, it was intended for Nilesat initially but by chance I saw somewhere that Dragon CAM can decrypt all those top channels we lost to NDS on the other side (Taquilla, Discovery, etc...). Is this true? if so....is the angle too wide to be able to the dish for both Nilesat and Hispasat or can it be done. PS: I am in SW London (Pimlico) Thank you very mucho.