Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PLAZA ST100 FTA,
3 mini dishes,
Zone 2 dish on a motor,
TM 1000D
My Location
London
I have a sky mini dish pointing to 19.2e on the front of my house. The dish is tilted to the left slightly when viewed from the front. What i was wondering is, is it possible to move the dish to 30W without removing it and re-mounting it or do i have to put the dish on the other side of my house? the problem is the dish is in a corner please help im new to the satellite stuff, Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can work it out quite easily, as Hispasat is 50 degrees away from Astra1, the only problem you may find, is that depending on which LNB you have, it has preset skew for the Eastern satellites and will present problems on the Western ones.

modman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PLAZA ST100 FTA,
3 mini dishes,
Zone 2 dish on a motor,
TM 1000D
My Location
London
Thanks for the help but no luck, i tried to tilt it right but the dish mount is too close to a wall so the dish hits the wall at about 30 degrees from astra. Its in a strange corner where it is mounted on a window wall that juts out to its left and on its right the garage wall juts out. basically it is surrounded. The only way to do it is to move the dish mount from deep inside the corner so it does not hit the wall. I dont have a decent ladder or tools to remove the dish.

What would happen if i rest a new dish on the other side of my house on an extention roof. There are houses about 20 meters away from my roof to the west im not sure if these will block anything. im in Essex so signals should be good, Do you think this will work?

About the skew ive heard of people using a mini dish upside down to reverse the skew is that a good idea?, thanks again