My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
When I scanned Hispasat for channels on my 2CI0 GbSat receiver, it came up with quite a few, but the channels on frequency 11771 V 27500 like Paramount, Fox, Cartoon net etc didn't come up, there was 57% Sig strength and 0% Sig quality. All the other channels were there, over 200. Anyway what I did was I changed the Lnb type to 9750 instead of 9750\10750 and Sig strength is now 77% and quality 93%, which meant I had all the channels on the above freq, but everything else had gone, so what I had to do was go into Dish setup and put Hispasat on the list twice with different Lnb types. Has anyone else had to do this, or is there another way to do it? It's no big deal really cos I have 32 presets and I can pick up around 15 sats, so there's enough room.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Blimey, it used to be free when I was on the team (pre-ofcom days) :p

Llew

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
...and be prepared to have your windows kicked in.

Try approaching them first. A simple low-pass filter on their kit should sort it out unless they're running an excessive linear amp and/or have a poor antenna setup. If you can demonstrate that it's their radio which is causing the problem, then they may well accommodate you.

Filters are cheap, and nobody likes a grass. ;)

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
I agree, I don't think I'll do anything just yet, maybe get my aerial checked out first, it's only been up a couple of years. If it gets worse, I'll certainly have a word. I'm just getting into this satellite hobby, which is great fun, I can't believe 6 months ago I knew nothing about motors, now I'm getting a cam, I wish I had done it years ago, there is so much to learn, but I love a challenge and thanx to you guys I'm learning quickly. To answer your query Altis, I live in Northern Ireland and may I say I still haven't spotted a diseqc motor within a 20 mile radius of my house. LOL (I think I may be a little bit obsessed).

({})

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
T-E-E-N-A said:
(I think I may be a little bit obsessed).
Ah, it sounds like you have the perfect qualifications for this forum then...

PaulR