Hispasat Dish Size?

benny

Reaction score
Hi, What dish size is needed for Hispasat. Trouble is at the moment ive got an 80cm Mesh dish with a monobloc LNB. I may have to drop the monobloc and just put a normal lnb on.Im in south cumbria,same pos roughly as lancaster.

Many thanks

benny

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Benny didn't see your post, am I to presume that you are using the default side of the LNB and have managed to find Hispasat with the 1M dish? :)

benny

Reaction score
Hi,
yes,but signal strength is a little low,but i did'nt have time to do any fine tuning.My lacuna meter is not lasting very long on a full charge. When i had my installation company (Back in the days of filmnet decoders) i had a digital satfinder (I can't remember the company) and that lasted much longer. Ive been out of the game for a few years,mainly cos the arse fell out of the installation game due to currys/comet etc.Todays goings on are a minefield. There are a multitude of options and compatibity problems. My hat goes off to you for having the knowledge accross the board.Ive noticed that the file guys get very little credit and it seems as if certain people think that it is their right to be able to receive everything, and they want it yesterday.

Keep up the good work.

benny

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I had the same problem with my old Premier meter benny, the charge lasted no time at all and it wouldn't scrape up enough power to supple certain LNBs. Also the transponder info is outdated too quickly, so doesn't work on some satellites.

It sits alone in the corner of my garage now. :)