hispasat in staffordshire

pempeke

PRIMEIRO MINISTRO
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mirage 900sci
a adubar tudo e + alguma coisa quando nao ha trancas na porta.para o resto, enigmas...
My Location
Buckingham Palace
hi guys.

guess what? just moved house and can't get my dish to lock onto hispasat anymore. The technician came around and spent 3 hours trying to point it out to hispasat but no luck.
now is is telling me I need to get on the roof or at least much higher up.

the only problem with this, is that I am convinced the guy is pointing up not to 30w but well away from it. Is there a way i can check it myself?

he says hispasat is well down in the horizon so we need to go higher up. at my other place, the lnb was in a much more vertical line, although the dish was like 10 metres higher up.

any thoughts? please help

thank you.

P.s dish is 90cm and lnb is 0.3

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Blimey, it's not that low. I've just put a 60cm dish on a pole 3 ft. from the ground pointing at Hisp, with a 6 foot fence 10 foot away, and the signal's belting in here in Cambs.

How far is your dish off the ground?

Llew

pempeke

PRIMEIRO MINISTRO
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mirage 900sci
a adubar tudo e + alguma coisa quando nao ha trancas na porta.para o resto, enigmas...
My Location
Buckingham Palace
hi Llew.
thank you for reply.

we have tried to have fixed at about 3 metres (around 10ft.).there's an house about 30 yards away that is definitely higher but am still convinced the guy is getting it wrong.

I know sky is 28°E, so what i did was to draw a straight line across to w. that should, in theory because I hardly know a thing about satellites, give me the right position - 2°

what do you think?

Llew said:
Blimey, it's not that low. I've just put a 60cm dish on a pole 3 ft. from the ground pointing at Hisp, with a 6 foot fence 10 foot away, and the signal's belting in here in Cambs.

How far is your dish off the ground?

Llew

Maurice1

Reaction score
My Location
DUblin
Why not buy a sat meter for €10 from Lidl and set it up yourself? I get hispasat but the dish is on the chimney. It is there and strong!
Maurice

pempeke

PRIMEIRO MINISTRO
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mirage 900sci
My Location
Buckingham Palace
didn't know you could buy these things from lidl but will go there today at this point. Thanks, Maurice.

Maurice1 said:
Why not buy a sat meter for €10 from Lidl and set it up yourself? I get hispasat but the dish is on the chimney. It is there and strong!
Maurice

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, if you're having a go yourself, a sat finder is needed. If you have a signal on the meter at what you think is Hispasat, connect your receiver to the LNB and tune to one of the FTA channels on a strong transponder (11632H or 12.012V are a good choice). It's all a matter of trial and error, but patience should pay off (if of course you really are clear of the house opposite).

I assume you have just a straight dish / LNB setup, not motorised.

Llew

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
i live in staffordshire and have a metre. if you live close i could pop round if you want

pempeke

PRIMEIRO MINISTRO
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mirage 900sci
My Location
Buckingham Palace
Hi there.

I leave in Stoke and would appreaciate your help, if possible. Please let know/have a contact so we can discuss it

thanks

kebabinho said:
i live in staffordshire and have a metre. if you live close i could pop round if you want

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
bit too far really.

i bought it cheap on ebay. their are loads on there

pempeke

PRIMEIRO MINISTRO
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mirage 900sci
My Location
Buckingham Palace
Thank you, anyway.

kebabinho said:
bit too far really.

i bought it cheap on ebay. their are loads on there