Hispasat!

dringhouses

Reaction score
My Location
yorkshire
Hi every one.

I would like to know more about hispasat,basicly what do i need to get it?.

Yes i know a sattelite dish and a reciever decoder!.

What i really would like to know is the sice of the dish and what decoder i need and if posible can i program a card to watch the channels, I know there are spanish channels mainly which is an advantage cuase is my second languaje.,can you help PLEASE i'm thinking to have one if i can do it me self!
i'm at york "north yorkshire" :D

M

MUSAFFIR

basically you need a digital reciever, i recomend the new technomate reciever's they are the best satellite reciever's on the market (i have one"wicked") they come fully 6 in 1 patched dual pcmcia common interface (viaccess 1,2-irdeto1,2-seca 1,2-nagra,cryptoworks,betacrypt,conax etc), all you got to do is buy a irdeto cam that will open into 6 in 1 etc, dish size i think 80cm will do fine, and get a fun card and off you go.:)

dringhouses

Reaction score
My Location
yorkshire
THANKS MATE.

that is a starting point but i've just done a search and which technomate have you got?, i've seem 4 of them!.
where about are you? i've been told that i need a minimum of a 90cm dish to get a good signal"around yorkshire".O-Ha

M

MUSAFFIR

tecnomate 5000 apci, yes 90cm will do fine. dont forget to get a irdeto cam and a fun card!!

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
I would reccomend a 1.2 in your area for the reception of channels under most weather conditions.

While a 90 cm while allow you to watch many of the channels when the local weather is less than perfect conditions then you rearly need the 1.2 for north Yorks

Also dont forget that although many of the channels can be watched at the moment on a *** card that does not mean that you will be able to in the near future . The encryption systems used by providers are always in a state of change to prevent non subcriber viewing.

Additional there are many other potential satellite recievers to chose from, along with the teconmate's

Also shop around the dealers for the best package. Dish, lnb reciever, cam cable connectors etc.

Regards

Old Satellite

dringhouses

Reaction score
My Location
yorkshire
Much better!

Well this is helping a bit better, cause i don't want to get something that needs upgradind or stops working complete!.

THANKS for all old satellite:p