Hitachi C1408T

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
My Mum has an (old!) Hitachi C1408T portable tv. The remote control looks suspiciously like replacement unit and has the following information on it: CME IR3708. The tv instruction manual is missing and, despite an extensive Google search, I cannot find any guidance on how to operate the system. Most of the functions I've worked out for myself, but I cannot discover how to tune the television. As she's moved house, this is now a critical issue. Any suggestons?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Most Hitachi TVs are linked to the same model number from Matsui

Tuning on the smaller TVs was usually a question of a remote button that has three operations, scan, fine tune, and store. Look for something that gives three arrows >>> or three dashes --- on the screen

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Interesting about Hitachi being the same as Matsui as I an offer some experience.

I bought a S/H Matsui CT1408T at an auction - without a remote control unfortunately. I had several different Matsui RCs at home but none of them would get me into the setup menu properly. In the end I had to buy the correct RC as this was the only way to retune the channels.

PaulR

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Sorry, just re-read you posting.

My RC says Matsui 1408T on the front and Model No RC-BQ on the rear. The rest will have to be from memory as the TV is now deceased!

Press the Menu button on the RC this then gives a menu one of which says something about setup or similar. There is some help on the screen as it tells you that move sideways using a certain button combianton and up/down using another.

The problem I had with the other RCs was that they were all missing buttons marked + and -, without these I couldn't complete the process.

Once the channels were tuned in all the other remotes were OK, of course.

PaulR

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
* CH and PaulR

I'd no idea that remote controls are such a complex and esoteric subject.

I'm struggling. I can't find a menu button on mine. In desperation, I've attached aphot in the hope that someone will recognise it and be able to guide me through the confusion of buttons and their symbols.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
wolsty said:
* CH and PaulR

I'd no idea that remote controls are such a complex and esoteric subject.

I'm struggling. I can't find a menu button on mine. In desperation, I've attached aphot in the hope that someone will recognise it and be able to guide me through the confusion of buttons and their symbols.

Doesnt look familiar to me, what happens if you press the preset button (and hold it down )?

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
That's it! Holding down button is the way to do it. If you press and hold down, a series of squares appears horizontally across the screen. You can then use the search keys on the tv itself (which I've just found) to tune in. Many thanks CH.