Hooray For Me! (modest eh?!)

steve.milner

Reaction score
My Location
Kidderminster, Worcester
Hi guys,

I just thought I'd write you all a big THANKYOU! for all your help over the past month or so. True, I haven't actually posted anything, but as a newbie who does not want his ass verbally thrashed for asking a stupid question, I found that if you take the time to search here AND other similar forums, all will become clear. Yeah, it's easiest to be lazy. Just 5 mins on this site and you will soon see Rolf and others are the big daddys here, but you can't just ask all the time. Read until your head hurts, then ask - NICELY!

So anyway, after reading here for a long time as I have a deep dislike for $ky, I took the plunge and bought myself:

* The infamous LIDL bargain 80cm dish, LNB, wall clamp & satellite signal meter
* Decided against Lidl's FTA box, and got a Manhattan Plaza 3300 twinCI instead
* Manhattan H-H100 diseqc motor

Took all of last weekend to erect and lign up, but was still playing around a bit, so fine tuned and FINALLY SORTED IT THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO F*CKING HOO*!!!

So, as you can tell, I am now happy. A BIG thanks to ALL who contribute to this forum. You helped me and gave me the confidence to do this myself, and I am glad I did. Maybe get a bigger dish soon!! Last project is an "ultimate dragon kit" I have bought - Dragon CAM & loader, dynamite USB programmer and a tit card. No doubt I will be scouring these very forums next week trying to figure out what I have done wrong this time and why the card is not working!

Thanks a lot guys,
humbly,

Steve
:) :) :) :)

Ian_ExManchester

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Steve,

I am in a similiar position to yourself (except I'm not connected yet. See my post regarding connecting leads from motor to my receiver)

I am very interested in getting a dragon cam,card and programmer - how much did it set you back and where did you get them from? I have loooked on ebay etc but would be interested in your experiences. Also, how you fare out now you have the kit (getting codes etc to see encrypted channels - Im completely in the dark)

cheers for now - and well done

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
steve.milner said:
Nice one Steve ;)

It's good to read, and sometimes it's good to ask too!
You don't have to be afraid to ask here.... it's the freindliest forum around, and if you do get flamed or have the P taken here, it won't be by one of the regulars, so don't worry about it!

Come and see us soon.

STICK

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
BGonaSTICK said:
Nice one Steve ;)
...........if you do get flamed or have the P taken here, it won't be by one of the regulars, so don't worry about it!

unless you catch me on a bad day :D

Good to hear its all working Steve, the pleasure of knowing its all your own work makes it ten times better. Now to see how long before you find the 80cm is just not big enough............

steve.milner

Reaction score
My Location
Kidderminster, Worcester
Ian_ExManchester said:
Hi Steve,

I am very interested in getting a dragon cam,card and programmer - how much did it set you back and where did you get them from? I have loooked on ebay etc but would be interested in your experiences. Also, how you fare out now you have the kit (getting codes etc to see encrypted channels - Im completely in the dark)

cheers for now - and well done
Hi,

I got it from a page in this month's What Satellite magazine, quite near the front. Goig rate for a dragon cam and loader is about £90-100, a tit card is about £30 and the dynamite programmer is about £40-45. The package I bought was called the ultimate dragon kit. All in for £145. Seemed like quite a good deal conisdering th above. However, ordered late wed, supposed to be here fri pre-12, but apparently UPS had "difficulties." Ahem. Found it hard to believe, but anyway, supposed to be here tues now. I'm going to be after some money back though. Paid £12 for a next-day delivery. Taken almost a week!

As for channels, I shall be having a play to see what I can do. I am in your boat - completely in the dark! I'm not sure what and how I can say on the boards though, so all I'll do is point you in the same direction as me. Try a place called the toecutters den. Dont know the url, but a google search should find it. Seems like a very usefull site. Lots of reading.

Many thanks for the "well-done's" guys. Channel Hopper, you are right on both occasions. It does make it 10x better when you've sweated up a ladder and read nothing but forums all day for weeks, finally doing it and succeeding by myself (physically!) and yeah, a 90cm would be nice. Make that a 1 metre. Hmm, maybe a 1.2.....!!!

Thanks guys, apologies if I said anything I shouldn't of.

Steve

loftyj

Reaction score
@steve.milner

Hope you have your cam and card up and running but just in case. remember the loader card is just that. to be able to load same you will have to go to http//www.duolabs.com into download area for dynamite cam and download JUNGO Driver 6.21 for dynamite, and dynamite 2.5 setup. Read manual supplied with drivers unless these are installed correctly the card will not load. Find Preditor 2.19 or 2.2 software and download also. Put programmer into 6.0 mhz mode and load card. put card in cam, load cam and make sure reciver is on F.T.A station initiate reciver and when compleat remove card only and reboot reciver then tyr Con--, Can---l+ ect.
By the way paid £135 for Cam Card and Progger, did not bother with tit, but belive it helps on some recivers.