Hope your day's been better than mine.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Lovely surprise today, popped into the huge B&Q superstore this lunchtime to buy a pack of three mains timers for a friend and some wild bird seed for the garden feeder. Not too onerous I hear you say, you would of course be correct. if I hadn't gone back out to the van, to find that some $!%*@# had broken into the back of my van and stolen my £350 battery drill. Stealing the drill itself is an inconvenience, particularly as I must replace it immediately as I cannot work without it, what is more of an inconvenience is that they have completely knackered both locks and surrounding bodywork on both nearside doors.

The damage to the locks and bodywork is probably around £500 to repair, but bearing in mind that there is a £100 excess and I will lose 20% no claims (around £280), there is no point in putting in a claim, tools aren't covered.

To sum up, the knuckleheads who stole the drill which they'll probably sell for £50-£100 in a pub, have cost me £800 plus.

When I phoned the police to get a crime number, he asked if there was any blood at the crime scene, to which I answered, no, unfortunately I didn't get back soon enough.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello R

Sincerest sympathy.

You know what they say - 'Life's a bitch, then you die'

Sorry I don't have anything more uplifting, but I am still on the second glass of Tesco's Discount S.A. Red.

Seriously though its a bloody shame B&Q don't have some sort of security, have you checked their CCTV?

Regards

W.H.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's the crowning glory, they have one camera, it is positioned in the middle of the building and it points towards the entrance/exit road, it misses 95% of the car park and it's sole reason for being there is to film people who have stolen stock and are doing a runner.

When I questioned them about it, their answer was that the council own the car park (its a retail park with about 5 stores, but B&Q have one whole side of it), so it wasn't anything to do with them.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Sorry to hear that Rolf. I feel very sad for you.

Jimbo

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
It's times like that you almost wish Clarke/Baxter's vision of the future were true (The Light of Other Days).
2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes wouldn't that be a lovely facility 2old, not sure overall if it would be a good thing, but crime would disappear, or unsolved crime anyway.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I would say something like At least it was just your drill and some damage, they didn’t cut the break cables and cause you to break a leg and an arm – but that sounds far too patronising, and it was an expensive drill and quite a bit of damage.

These things happen, and due to the ‘lovely’ no claims discounts and excess charges of insurance companies unless you total your car into a truck load of Ferrari’s you just have to take out your wallet.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Oh well, I suppose I could look at the bright side, I was looking to buy a new drill anyway.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
sorry to hear this Rolf, I hope the bast*rds get their come-uppance on their next 'job'..

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They probably won't Pixey, but life's too short to worry about it, just won't leave my van unattended there again, I guess that you live and learn. :)

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
what can you do with these fat belly pie eating bastards,thro them in the bin,thats where they belong. Sorry Rolf

all the best mikeey