Horizontal Lines with 9800s

Chief

Reaction score
Can somebody please help me?
I have a Nokia Mediamaster 9800s with two dishes - one on Astra 28° and one on Hotbird - up until recently I had no problems - fantastic picture all channels etc. then suddenly I have two horizontal lines that go down or up the picture as two light bands which makes the picture pretty awful.
I am in France - we receive TPS and the FTA BBC channels - does anybody have an idea why this is happening and what I can do to remedy it.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Chief

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hello Chief. Are you near an airport or source of radar?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Chief said:
Can somebody please help me?
I have a Nokia Mediamaster 9800s with two dishes - one on Astra 28° and one on Hotbird - up until recently I had no problems - fantastic picture all channels etc. then suddenly I have two horizontal lines that go down or up the picture as two light bands which makes the picture pretty awful.
I am in France - we receive TPS and the FTA BBC channels - does anybody have an idea why this is happening and what I can do to remedy it.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Chief

Sounds like hum bars - power supply smoothing might have broken down in your receiver.
Do you get it on the TV on anything other than the 9800?

Llew

Chief

Reaction score
jimbo said:
Hello Chief. Are you near an airport or source of radar?

No, I live at the foot of the mountains in South of France and i have tried with a bog standard cheapo box that gives a pin-sharp picture